Thread: Pop-ups are becoming a serious problem in Treasure Isle

Pop-ups are becoming a serious problem in Treasure Isle

It's not just that it's annoying to have to stop what I'm doing to exit out of the pop-up's, it's the fact that these little advertisements slow down my ENTIRE computer, EVERY TIME. I've tried everything to fix it (de-fragging my computer, various spy-ware and anti-virus software's) and I've come to the conclusion that the game is at more fault for this slowing down than my poor computer is. So please do not try to give me advice for speeding up my poor little Lippie.

Re: Pop-ups are becoming a serious problem in Treasure Isle

All these pop ups are detracting from my enjoyment of the game. When a pop up shows up to publish your treasure or achievement, another pop up asking to gift or visit friends pops up. Because there are now two pop ups happening at once, the game slows down tremendously. Now it takes me over an hour, sometimes close to two hours just to finish all my energy. If this keeps happening, I guess I'll have to quit playing. I don't have time to keep waiting for the game to unfreeze because of all these pop ups. The game used to be fun, but now, it's just annoying.

I agree. These pop-ups slow the game down tremendously. However, some of the pop-ups are "useful" i.e. finding fruit, a feather, monkey wrench, golden ticket. These enable others to get stuff they might need that cannot be gifted to you--phoenix feathers and monkey wrenches. The pop-ups for completing a treasure or level also enable your neighbors to get coins that "may" be needed. As for the rest? I do not need to be reminded every minute that so and so needs help at their island or to send "free" gifts in the hopes that my neighbors will send me something back or better yet when you are in FGM or Monkey palace the pop-up to let everyone know how "well" you are doing. Maybe one a session but not 3 or 4 (they do give good coins)

The pop-ups aren't just annoying....they are destroying the whole game and 95% aren't even necessary! I've visited all my neighbors yesterday. It was just MINUTES ago. Nevertheless, this "It looks like XYZ needs some help!" appears....WHY? I just helped all my neighbors just a few minutes ago! And all the "What's this?" pop-ups? I'm really sick of seeing that. AND I don't want to play Mafia Wars anymore. I don't like it and I've blocked it! ALL these POP-UPS ARE DESTROYING the whole GAME. Let's hope that Zynga will understand it one day...hopefully before everyone left.

I play Treasure Island because it pleases my visual senses and it has lots of new ideas all the time. The Mafia machete pop up churns my stomach every time it appears, it is not the sort of game I want to play and certainly if they would like people to join it could they please find something less disturbing to offer. I find it completely inappropriate to the kind of game Treasure Isle is. Come on guys, help me keep my lunch down.

Ever since they started Frontierville up, ALL of Zynga's games have gone "pop-up insane"! If you think TI is bad. Try Frontierville! That game REALLY SUCKS! I've about had it with ALL of Zynga's games! I already quit Farmville, barely go into Frontierville anymore (WAY to frustrated with that one!), and am down to Cafe World and Treasure Isle. And those last two are severely getting on my last nerve! Zynga has managed to alienate their core players. in less than 3 months! It's all geared toward buying stuff from them (which is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!!), and getting new players involved (all of their original players have bailed out because of the entire BS!) If they listened to what everyone is saying and fixed what's broken (instead of constantly adding new stuff that just makes it worse), then maybe they'd be able to keep people playing! BUT THEY DON'T LISTEN AND DON'T FIX WHAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED! I personally love their latest "fix" to every game. If you're complaining that something isn't working right, they just throw you some "cash" in whatever game you're complaining about to shut you up, WITHOUT FIXING THE PROBLEMS!!!! I'm really starting to hate TI, and that's my favorite game.