Thread: In Cafe World The gingerbread house takes 5 days

In Cafe World The gingerbread house takes 5 days

The gingerbread house takes 5 days to cook and you don't get many servings. Tons of profit though. I noticed the latest new items are low on servings and high on profit per serving. I saw it in the gifts and just closed my cafe without looking in the cookbook! How many servings is it and how many coins? Is this worth cooking? I have only heard it is a good deal, but want to make sure. Anybody any guesses? I want to try it out but i am not spending time and money without confirming.

Re: In Cafe World The gingerbread house takes 5 days

It takes that long just to make a gingerbread house??? I don't really know if I want to make it at all. It's going to take up all that space on the stove. 'm glad there is a 5 day item. There will be times I'm away from the computer that long so it's fun having an item to cook instead of leaving my stoves empty. After the gingerbread house is gone, I hope there will be another 5-day item to take its place. I love the gingerbread house! i was just so excited to have something new to cook. People who are going to be busy for most of the holidays would benefit from the long time period. Five days to cook, 5+days to spoil, that gives you a big window to not loose any food.

It seems a bit long, but keep in mind:You're making 250 of them. Even then this isn't enough. Those who are going on vacation for several days over the holidays and won't have Internet access will welcome it; you wouldn't want your Impossible Quiches to spoil when you're gone for five days. Gingerbread houses are not made initially to be eaten, but for display. And if you're going to see a restaurant gingerbread house, it better be artisan crafted thus why it takes so long. Perhaps part of the cook time is it being on display? Perhaps Zynga is going to do the same thing with the Stuffed Turkey and cut its cook time in half in the couple of days before and after Christmas, and take it off by Epiphany.

I got two cooking for fun. Cost wise definitely worth it, Cafe Point wise. we shall all see. I got fish taco's done in a few hours. I may fill my other 11 stoves with them & just close my cafe once my food is depleted in a few days or tomorrow so I have some reserve food. So I could close tomorrow night, let the gifts accumulate & gingerbread bake. Then open up again Monday night. But it would feel so good just taking a 5 day break from Cafe World. I am retired & have just about nothing to do all day, so I am on it A LOT. It would be interesting to see how I do without my Cafe World fix.

okay, i'm a bit disappointed with the cooking time on the gb houses; 5 days?!? a little too long if you ask me, but nice to see a few new dishes to cook! on that note, why so much profit?? i already have 1.6 million coins and nothing to spend them on! i put 2 gingerbread houses on the stove just to make them and see the final Cafe Points, but with the cooking time combined with the profit, i probably will not be making any more. wish we had more cool stuff or expansions on which to spend coins!!

Can you please tell me how you play Cafe World on your iphone? It does not open on mine, I think it might be because it doesn't have flash or something? Did you have to get an extra app to be able to play? And I agree, the 5 day thing is nice for when you want to have a break. I am still looking after my sisters cafe while her phone issues are sorted, I just put on 2 day chicken pies so I don't have to worry about it too much, now I don't have to go there for 5 days! Its only 7 more sleep until Christmas here though, so I wonder how long the dish will stay after that?