Thread: How to change key binding in Crysis 2 beta

How to change key binding in Crysis 2 beta

In the start half of the Crysis 2 game was mostly similar to a sandbox game where we are supposed to deal with difficult levels where you have a particular task to complete. I was thrilled with the futuristic idea that included in the game strategy with nanosuit and the armor that I found very wonderful. But while I was playing the game I had a problem changing key bindings that did not work for in my case, the W,S,A, and D is no good if you are a left hand player.

Re: How to change key binding in Crysis 2 beta

The game is quite good but I don’t understand the reason of losing the upgrades of nanosuit module while trying to exit the game and the worst thing was unability to customize any of the default key bindings. So if you want to change the controls you can do the following :
    A. Open the file named “GameCrysis2\GameData.pak” in the rar application
    B. Now you are supposed to copy the file named “GameData.pak\Libs\Config\defaultProfile.xml” in the file called “GameCrysis2\Libs\Config\defaultProfile.xml”
    C. After which in the custom editor you will have to open the default “profile.xml” file then search for the keys and set the custom settings.
    D. Now you are supposed to copy the file named “defaultProfile.xml” that you have modified in the following destination “C:\User\YOURLOGIN\Saved Games\Crysis2\Profiles\default\” after which you can rename it as “actionmaps.xml”

I have tried many ways to solve the problem but all in vain. But I was happy after you suggested a solution for changing the key bindings. I went through the step by step procedure that you had posted but I just could not solve the issue. You have mentioned the custom editor which I am finding a bit confusing. I have all the applications like wordpad, and the notepad and I even tried to work out with an xml document reader but the problem was that I could not even see the key controls. So there must be a better alternative to this issue.

Is there anybody having trouble while defining keys and get it working. I saw that it does not grip the controls, and I even looked for the configurations but I just could not find them. I have tried editing xml documents but that is considered as cheating, moreover if you try to do a bind sprint and then forward similar keys then you have to be cautious because you can have the risk losing energy when try the speed mode. So don’t try that trick or you will land up in more trouble.

Hi guys I think I have a serious problem, as I was thinking as to how were you capable of binding the sprint key to any the navigation keys, because when I try to do the same I always try to sprint without holding down any of the keys. For instance if I try to move in the forward direction using the “w” key I use to move and sprint in the forward direction at the same time. Can I get a better solution to change the key bindings permanently.

I had a similar issue in which I was unable to change the key bindings so I was just going through the forums in search of a solution for this issue, and I found one which said that it is not necessary to change it permanently, rather what you can do is first and foremost create a file named “system.cfg” in the following URL : c:programfiles/electronicarts/crytek/crysis_sp_demo directory now put the given code in it : con_restricted = 0.