Thread: Hate the Coffee Feature in Cafe World

Hate the Coffee Feature in Cafe World

I waited a while to see how the coffee element would play out. But my verdict is i Hate it. My buzz rating has dropped from consistently 105 to 78-range now. Nothing has changed about my cafe except that I'm not clicking on those stupid coffee icons above customers' heads. I could care less if coffee stays or goes, but if it is intrinsically impacting game play like this, that's a problem. Coffee should be an opt-in feature - if players want to utilize that feature, they get something extra. Players should not be penalized for opting out of a clunky game feature.

Re: Hate the Coffee Feature in Cafe World

If I wanted to play Diner Dash and run around clicking on customers, I'd do just that. But this game is not designed for that type of ease of play. The layout is already cumbersome at best if you've upgraded the size of your cafe even once. There are too many floating icons--this one is a waiter, that one is a dish cooking, this one is an empty counter, this counter has 87,000 servings of paella serving sizes have gotten out of control, too, but i will try to stay on rant. Not sure though...

Buzz rating has nothing to do with the Coffee Pot, clicking or not clicking the coffee cups. Buzz has to do with happy customers. It is possible that where you placed the coffee pot is affecting your layout. This has been discussed many times in the forums and players have been able to correct it by changing their layout slightly. Post a screen shot so we can see what the problem might be. Link for instructions to post a pic are below. This is what I see. turn your counters towards the tables. It looks as if the waiters walk into the counter area and it takes them too long to get to the customers and they leave.

I had exactly the same experience. Was at 78 right before I posted screenshot. Just to test, I spent about 20-30 min in my cafe, clicking on all the coffee icons. By the time I posted the screenshot, was up to about 98. Kept clicking, back at 105. Stayed at 105 for about a day, went back to ignoring coffee icons, dropped back to about 89 buzz. Maybe coffee isn't intended to have anything to do with buzz, but it seems to definitely be impacting it. Thanks for taking the time to help out on this!

A lot of Zynga games have energy challenges that suck the fun out of whatever game involved that is, Frontierville, etc. My fear from looking at the graphic preview on the site is that this coffee thing will turn cafe world into another Zynga game that instead of being cute and fun is just plain annoying. Please let me know if I am correct in this. If so, it will free up my schedule as I will stop playing it as I have Mafia Wars. My buzz stays at 105 constantly and I never click on the coffee heads.

Yeah, if the energy thing becomes an issue, I'm outa here too. That's the most annoying thing I've ever seen. Hopefully it will only pertain to the coffee aspect of the game. Let me play as long as I want to, not when you think I've run out of energy. I run into that with Sorority Life and it's frustrating to only be able to play a few minutes a day because I run out of energy. I do not know why they don't let you delete that darn crate. If I had any idea of what was needed to have that I would not have put it in my cafe. I want it gone!