Thread: Grandpa's Catering Mission is Possible in Cafe World?

Grandpa's Catering Mission is Possible in Cafe World?

I am here to say about how impossible this Grandpa's Catering Mission is. I fell for it at first, sort of - I mean, I wanted to coordinate everything and make sure I had my ducks all in a row before starting this mission. I spoke with my neighbors about coordinating getting together and getting this done right - the first time so we don't have to do it over again. Their finger mouths said yes, their desire to get started said otherwise - they dove into the mission without any coordination or planning at all. So, I did the same thing. I just started right on in - after all, if you don't get it done in the 3 day time span the first time, you always have a second chance to get it right. My neighbors have never let me down and now? I have 1 day and 12 hours left. I am at 91% completed.

re: Grandpa's Catering Mission is Possible in Cafe World?

We are living in the age of entitlement, it has been for years if not decades now. Well, this is a game. The game has parameters - all games do. Although there have been major setbacks to Cafe World in general and much more so the catering missions in particular, the time limits are not impossible. Setbacks? Sure. That will screw things up, but the time limits on these catering missions, simply not so. This mission IS possible. undoubtedly, there were both computerized simulations and real people at Zynga doing this mission to make sure it IS possible before releasing it.

Why would they release a mission that is impossible? It makes no rational sense. Zynga is a company and it's bottom line is the dollar bill - to lose players because of some "intentional" engagement is not logical. Can everyone complete this mission on time? NO. That's why, I am assuming, that if you can't do it in 3 days, you still have 7 full days to get it done. I have NO idea why everyone thinks that we should all be on an equal playing field in this game. If you are on level 15 and I am on level 141, should you expect to be able to accomplish the same things at your level that I can do almost 10 times that level higher? I should think not. There are limitless amounts of games that have experience levels - the higher you get, the more rewards you get and the more specialty items you unlock. Do you expect the same in Mafia Wars? World of Warcraft? Any other game the has levels of experience incorporated into the game's structure?

The game CAN still be played if you hook up with people that have FAR more stoves and can get the job done. You are on their good graces, frankly, that you have the privilege of playing with several someone else's that have had ovens cooking 24 hours a day; rarely ever a spoilage; gift their neighbors and help others in the missions. Yes, resets are a plague. But that is not the point of this post and wish to keep that out of this discussion. I have heard all about resets, I was subjected to several of them in the Dinner catering, so far I have not had a reset in the BBQ mission and I hope it doesn't happen. If it does, the first thing I will do is submit a ticket to Zynga. The point again is that the BBQ mission is NOT impossible. If you don't have neighbors that are going to help you sufficiently, find new neighbors. It's easy to do. I have a LOT of neighbors - I have such because I had to go through a lot of them to get to the people that play as much as I do. The "bad" ones are still there, it doesn't affect me to leave them there and when I feel like going through all of my neighbors for Cafe points, they get a visit.

If you don't have enough stoves, keep playing. I didn't have enough stoves, either. But, if you get neighbors that DO have a lot of stoves, then you can ride along with them until you get enough levels under your belt to get the stoves. I have one more stove to go and I will be at the limit of 26. The mods have continually supported the theme that this is a social game and the theory conspirorists continually come back and say it's all about money. Well, it's both. How about that? It IS a social game, but if you don't want to be social and don't care about shelling out money, then you can pay your way through. In the case of these catering missions, it can actually be a mix of both. If you don't have enough stoves and your neighbors aren't at levels with enough stoves and you simply don't have that much time to play the game, then you can get what you can from your neighbors and your own cooking and pay for the rest.

Re: Grandpa's Catering Mission is Possible in Cafe World?

I'm rather upbeat about the catering missions. I was upset at being reset 3 times on the Dinner mission, but I got over it. I think it is a great idea and for those that just can't handle it for whatever reason well you can still play Cafe World and not do the catering missions at all. No, these catering missions are cool and I expect whatever the next mission is, whenever it becomes available, will be even HARDER than the mission here to fore. That's right, I want it to be even harder as long as it REALLY isn't impossible, I don't care, let's go for it!