Thread: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

Perhaps Capcom must have realized they had put together a nice flop with Chapter 3D Bionic Commando. Maybe they also realized that instead of the 2D game that launched at roughly the same period was not bad and that the public liked it a lot. Fortunately, for once, the house of Street Fighter and Resident Evil has not been stubborn in his desire to pursue the wrong path and decided to give us (so to speak) this Rearmed 2 rather than a sequel to the game for PS3 and 360. BC Rearmed 2 is one of the few examples of followed by a remake of developed by a team other than the original. The first was treated by the now defunct Rearmed GRIN, whose doors were closed a few weeks after the release of the product. I hope the same fate does not fall to Fatshark house which was not really famous in the video-game skies. But back to us and this second adventure, which takes place a few years after the first Rearmed. The story once again involves the adventures of Nathan "Red" Spencer and its group of fighters (bionic) for freedom.

This time the FSA, the organization which is part of Nathan, is threatened by Sabio, a ruthless dictator who has among other things captured Colonel Brubaker. The team is separated shortly after arriving on site and an invisible threat is immediately put on their trail. Will Nathan to be reunited with his comrades and to save his friend? We will know only the next episode ...

Re: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

Seriously, the plot of 2 Rearmed seems to have been put together by a writer who has indigestion of films of the 80s, especially those played by Stallone and Schwarzenegger. Impossible not to see some reference to the various Rambo, Commando and Predator ... but we do not mind at all, right? The important thing is that never comes out Ivan Drago as the final boss. The first thing that catches the eye in this second chapter of Rearmed is the inclusion of the gap between the skills of the protagonist. The previous chapter, as faithful to the original, was a bit 'too "rigid" in its mechanical and Fatshark has obviously listened to the (many) prayers of the players.

Include the jump in a game like this certainly makes it more similar to many action-adventure-platformer in the past and recent, Shadow Complex at all, but who could not digest its absence in the previous chapters has been satisfied. Of course, judging by the level design, however good, does not appear that the development team has tried hard to build something that invites the player to alternate the use of the bionic arm with the jumps, so that the latter about the 80% of the game are almost useless if we exclude the trivial passages where it is impossible to cling to anything and sway to overcome the obstacle of the day.

And to say that the two techniques seems made to mix with each other and to create a more frantic gameplay. Instead, in the end you find yourself playing this 2 Rearmed almost like the previous chapter, perhaps with a little more agility, but certainly do not expect a revolution. Even the combat mechanics have remained more or less the same. Can be removed with the weapons available to the enemy, always strategically placed within the levels by exploding barrel or throw them some elements of the scenarios raised and dragged through the mechanical arm of the protagonist. A small speech to be done for the boss, much tougher than before. Some of them even seem invincible in the early stages of the fighting, but as usual just to understand their mechanism of attack and defense, and sooner or later they will fall at your feet. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 is not exactly a long way to finish, but also experienced on average a player will take no less than 5 / 6 hours to complete the adventure. They may seem little but I can confirm that the ability to replay completed levels with power weapons and power-ups is by no means be underestimated. Add to this the Challenge Rooms, which although not particularly original keep you busy for a while '... especially if you intend to climb the charts online.

I also had to try the co-op mode, only available locally and not online, but I really do not want to repeat the experience again. The game and levels remain essentially the same, but the need to stay too close to the companion game modes make this anything but funny ... around and say such things, but much better if they are seen quite a few. At the end of the day yesterday, when the end credits of the game ran on the screen, I still have to admit that I was fairly pleased with what is offered me by Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. Even with its faults is a product that does not deserve to be ignored, provided they are well aware of its limitations. In addition to those already described should be pointed out a rather old game design and the possibility, in view of the possible Rearmed 3, to review the enemy AI and the depth of gameplay, which in the long 's a bit repetitive.

From there it would also fix the mapping of commands: the keys back of the pads, for example, are almost entirely unused, but could provide valuable players of alternative methods of control. A final, ugly, jarring note that I was really left a bad taste in mouth, is the necessity of having to play this Bionic Commando constantly online with the console. You can not, in fact, enjoy the adventure (after regularly unloaded) without being connected to PSN or XBLA. Now, I understand the anti-piracy and in time also criticized Microsoft for a similar choice, but I put myself in the shoes of those who may have a tariff on consumption. Surely we do not speak of the majority of players but this category is entitled to enjoy in comfort 2 Rearmed, Capcom right?