Thread: Black Screen while playing Magicka

Black Screen while playing Magicka

What can be the issue here on the laptop of mine? I have just bought a new laptop and then I installed this game (Magicka) from steam. Well there was actually no issue with the installation everything just went smooth and then when the installation was over I got a message to restart the laptop. I did that and now whenever I start the game I have seen that it is not getting played. I can only see a black screen on the laptop. I really do not know what can be the issue and where can be the issue? Is it the laptop that is not getting the things in the proper manner or is it the game that is not at all working properly? Please let me know if there are any suggestions that you all can come up with here.

Re: Black Screen while playing Magicka

If you would ask for my suggestion then I would simply say that the issue is actually with the game and not with the laptop. It really seems to me that you might have not installed the game properly and hence you are getting the issue. It will be better if you can just go with the installation of the game on the system again and see if the black screen disappears and you are able to play the game on your laptop. In addition to this can you please come up with the system specifications of your laptop if the game does not work even after what I have mentioned above?

It will be better if you can simply have the installation of the drivers for the graphic card of your system and see if that actually fixes the issue that you are getting there. I am of the opinion that your system is actually lacking it there and hence you are getting the black screen. I really do not think that there can be any other reason for the Black Screen that you are getting on the laptop. It will be better if you can use the drivers that you have got at the time of the purchase and see if that can bring any difference to the scenario of yours.

You have mentioned in your post above that you have recently purchased the laptop then it seems that you are missing on one of the important component that is actually necessary for playing the game and that is Direct X. I would like you to install Direct X 9 which comes for the minimal requirement of the game and it will be better if you can install Direct X 10 instead. It is always better that you have something advanced so that the things can be kept working in a smooth manner. You will be able to get it downloaded and then you can see for playing the game.

You can just try to go with this thing here. You can simply try to get the updated drivers from the official site. If at all the drivers that came along with the laptop do not go in your way then you can really go with the things that I have mentioned here. You will be able to get the drivers for free and you will really have no trouble with this at all. Just make the download and then install the game again and see if you are allowed to play the game.