Thread: Magicka crashes at startup

Magicka crashes at startup

Have anyone played Magicka? I have installed two days before and from that time I am facing the problem. After installation was over without any issue, I was overwhelmed. But that was not for long. After starting the game, it suddenly crashes at the startup screen. I tried to figure out the problem but I was not successful in finding the root cause. Also let me tell you that I am using Windows 7. I have read that this game is compatible with Windows 7, and hope that must be true. So anyone from your side is having same problem? Please provide some resolution for the same.

Re: Magicka crashes at startup

Actually, I am also having the same issue. I thought to post because there is slight difference between my problem and "InnoVer"'s problem. I am able to start the game normally, but when I try to play adventures, it initially starts with loading and then after loading gets completed, it gets shut-down. Rest of the applications and processes works without any faults, just this game gets closed. I have tried playing with the different modes, still the problem is persisting. I hope that somebody has solution for this problem.

I don't know whether the following steps will be solution for your problem, but you can give a try. You need to insert some things to report as mentioned below :
    • Also be sure that you are having minimum requirements needed for the game.
    • Try to update the drivers for the video card from an official site.
    • Also try to reinstall the game.

If you are having some problem, then it must present in error logs which is present in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\magick. If there is something in it, forward it to us.

Thanks for response ... . When I checked in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\magick, there was an error report. The following is sample of it ::::

errorReport_2011.02.12-07.37.03_(1)
    Version: 1.3.4.0
    Thread: LoaderThread
    System.MissingMethodException: Methode niet gevonden: Boolean JigLibX.Collision.CollisionSkin.SegmentIntersect(S ingle ByRef, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 ByRef, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, JigLibX.Geometry.Segment).
    bij Magicka.Levels.GameScene.SegmentIntersect(Single& frac, Vector3& pos, Vector3& nrm, AnimatedLevelPart& oAnimatedLevelPart, Int32& oPrim, Segment seg)
    bij Magicka.Levels.GameScene.SegmentIntersect(Single& frac, Vector3& pos, Vector3& nrm, Segment seg)
    bij Magicka.Levels.GameScene.Initialize(SpawnPoint iSpawnPoint, Boolean iClearAudio)
    bij Magicka.Levels.Level.ChangeScene()
    bij Magicka.Levels.Level.GoToScene(SpawnPoint iSpawnPoint, Transitions iTransition, Single iTransitionTime, Boolean iSaveNPCs)
    bij Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.PlayState.Initialize( )
    bij Magicka.Game.LoaderFunction()
    There are many error reports having the similar things. So I thought to post only one, I think that this should be enough. Can you tell me where exact the problem is lying and how can I overcome it? I am waiting for your replies.

That's very strange error message because its not in English. Have you installed the game in some another language? Still I came to know about it and I think that you should update or reinstall some of your applications that might be present in your system. Try to reinstall DirectX, .Net Frameworks and along with that remove the XNA framework. I know that there are less chances of getting your problem solved but you don't have other options.