Thread: Magicka not running in laptop

Magicka not running in laptop

I have recently installed Magicka on my HP Pavilion dv5t series laptop but it is not getting started. There was no issue while installing this game, means everything got installed normally. After getting installed, when I am starting the game by double clicking on exe file, I just get an error message stating something like "Texture width or height is larger than the device supports". I was surprised to see this because, since I am having latest laptop, howcome I am getting error about display? Also I think that this laptop is having better video support. Still the problem is arising.?! I am hoping that someone from your side will help me.

Re: Magicka not running in laptop

I am not sure about the integrated graphic card present in your laptop model. Since you are getting the texture error, the problem must be lying with your graphic card. First, I will like to suggest you to check the video card compatibility of Magicka. Be sure that you are having the recommended requirements for that game. Secondly, try to repair your game. Since, you are not able to play anything, it seems that there might be chances of getting your game files corrupted.

You are having HP Pavilion dv5t series, which means Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual Core Processor P6200 (2.13 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) and Nvidia GeForce 9600M-GT w/ 512MB DDR2 dedicated video card. So I don't think that there should be some issue with the graphic card, rather the problem must be in game file. So, first make sure that game is working on some other system (having minimum requirements) and if it is working then there should be some other reasons for not working in your laptop. According to me, it should not be the graphic card.

The following are minimum system requirements of Magicka:
    • Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
    • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
    • RAM: 1 GB
    • HDD: 1 GB free disk space
    • Graphics: 256 MB Graphics Memory
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c

Looking at this, you are having better configuration then required. So surely there must be some issue with the Game. I will be installing this game soon, and I will let you know if there are some faults. But atleast it should get started. Normally many games hangs at the certain point, but in your case you are not able to start it. So try to re-install the game, if possible, from another source (DVD or other thing).

Have you played any other high defined games that require graphic card? Because there are possibilities that your card may not be working accordingly. I hope that should not happen. But these are the way to troubleshoot an errors. If your other games are working properly except Magicka, then I would like to recommend the same thing as "Joko" did. You will have to check reinstalling this game from another source. If your problem is still persisting, then feel free to ask again (ask till your problem get solved).