Thread: Anyone play Mafia War 2 or Black Ops on iMac through BootCamp

Anyone play Mafia War 2 or Black Ops on iMac through BootCamp

According to the minimum necessities my PC will be able to play black ops with no trouble. However as I started playing the single player, it was sort of slow, not to talk about the multiplayer. Even by the lowest probable settings, it was still slow. I started looking on the internet after that and found out it had somewhat to do by means of boot camp not identifying my video card, However interchanging it by the mobility edition of my video card. (ATI 2600 Mobility Pro as a substitute of ATI 2600 Pro). My question now is: how can I acquire boot camp to identify the correct one?My system configuration:
    • iMac 20", 2008
    • Video card: ATI 2600 Pro
    • Processor: 2.66 GHZ
    • MacOSX Leopard
    • Windows 7 via bootcamp

Hopefully somebody can help me. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Anyone play Mafia War 2 or Black Ops on iMac through BootCamp

I will recommend you to try updating the driver. Any program running on a OS does not get as much resources as an operating system itself would, as a result in performance, it is inferior. And yes, boot camp is an emulation. Windows is thought to run as an operating system, not a boxed within program, furthermore it does not make use of nor start up the same as usual windows. Boot camp is a copy (in my view, inferior) of WINE, as well as WINE, in spite of its development by many coders, has not functioned flawlessly either.

Do not you people recognize that an apple built PC can support windows as well as not the other means around? That is since they have parts which windows do not make use of, and that factor into the money. So obviously the costs are high. As a result I will recommend you to look for a Black Ops Bootcamp or else WINE compatibility. After that i think you will not have this trouble.

I will advise you to try this uninstall the graphics drivers as well as install the most recent drivers accessible. That is a four year old PC can shut it, current iMacs in reality do ok. They are really overpriced if all you make is gaming however they are a decent machine. I think that your issue might be same as that many have complained regarding and/or they can be the result of running the minimum suggested specifications necessary for the game. Attempt turning your graphics all the means down furthermore observe if you pick up FPS, if not, your troubles are most possible associated to the laggings that's presently affecting even high end machines.

I am still running COD Black Ops as well as COD Modern Warfare 2 on my MacBook Pro 15 inch through bootcamp. I am running it through steam but I dont think it makes any difference as I play FSX Accelerator off of DVD. I am also running Windows 7. I have ran 32 and 64 bit versions with no issues.

The way I understood it and read from Steve Jobs is that from the very begining of OSX development he has intended to be able to run Windows on a MAC in some way without using Parallels etc. Of course we know that led to Intel motherboards and a developer to make bootcamp.

Apple has been pretty decent to have "working" drivers for Windows support. Like with mine is an nVidia graphics. Apple has drivers they made but not optimized but nVidia now offers continuous updates for laptops/mobile now without modifying the ini file of the drivers.

So dont worry about COD not working. As long as your hardware supports the graphics, hard drive space and memory like on a regular windows machine you will be fine regardless if you have any of the MAC computers.

Sorry forgot to mention that unless Apple adds the ATI driver during any update patches you would have to go to ATI on your own to download the ATI driver update. There is not an option to update anything Bootcamp on the Windows side. Just reboot back to OSX and check for updates to see if there is an update. Another thing you can do is go to Apple.com and make sure your bootcamp is up to date. The current version is 3.2. You can go here:

32 - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1333
    64 - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL979

I agree with uninstalling the old driver and installing the new one from ATI that supports you Graphics chip/card. Here is the website:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Goodluck
    Last edited by spaceman1138; 04-05-2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Add info