Thread: Fallout New Vegas lags or stutters

Fallout New Vegas lags or stutters

I am using a dual core inter extreme 2.80 GHz alienware Laptop. Nvidia 8800m gtx graphics card, 4 GB RAM with windows 7 64 bit home premium.It defaults set my states to high graphics setting on the game’s opening. It runs fine for a moment after that at random lags or else stutters for possibly a few minutes. It not at all freezes just frame skips out the end. Frequently after just a sec, it runs efficiently for a few minutes moreover after that repeats procedure. I have attempted the Stutter fix in the NVSE mode, to no advantage. If anybody has a hint as to how to resolve it, it will be amazing. I have as well attempted turning off AA, as well as AF. Did not do anything.

Re: Fallout New Vegas lags or stutters

I would like to know whether you have thought running at a slight minor game setting as a trial. And what is your cpu temperature when running the game as I also have same problem when playing game. I would estimate it may be a heat problem as you speak the Video card is successively running very warm and Laptops get it hard to scatter heat. You may possibly try a laptop cooler.

Thank you for your suggestion I have applied laptop cooler. It plays so effortlessly for such a extended time moreover I cannot appear to observe a issue in game which causes the lag burst. There was one moment at what time it was pretty terrible when there was a contact between 2 npcs which it lagged pretty poorly. I will give an attempt running at a slight minor game setting, however it just does not seem similar to that would be the reason.

The problems listed above are ordinary graphical glitches which can be recognized to your graphics card. If you are not certain that your PC can hold New Vegas (be sure to verify the system necessities part), turn down vision space, fade space as well as disable water multi sync. This be supposed to dramatically advance Fallout: New Vegas’ performance on your system.
    For stuttering skips, you will require to edit the “FALLOUT.ini” file:
    1. For Windows 7 or windows Vista [code language="css"]
    C:\Users->[ user name]->Documents->My Games->Fallout New Vegas->Fallout.ini
    [/code]

2. For Windows XP
    [code language="css"]
    C:\Documents and Settings->[username]->My Documents->My Games->Fallout New Vegas->Fallout.ini
    [/code]