Thread: Does playing FarmVille harmful for the personal information on our account

Does playing FarmVille harmful for the personal information on our account

Friends this is something very serious, I have come to know that playing FarmVille which almost every users who have an account on Facebook do play is something very harmful for the data that we have inserted on our account. I have come to know that the Zynga is passing our private information to the other companies to help them to create their database. Since while accessing any of the applications on the facebook, the first question that is prompted on our screen is that “To play the game you should allow FarmVille to access your Account information”. Now with this all our private information, including the email address, phone number and address are easily getable to the Zynga and who hence provides this information to the third party. This is all that I have heard, so please someone provide your vital opinions so as that we can be confirmed such that to use or not to use any of the applications.

Re: Does playing FarmVille harmful for the personal information on our account

I have also heard the same and this is just not a rumor, it is a piece of information that have been even come in news, that there is a lot of risk in accessing not just the FarmVille but also the rest of the applications form the FaceBook. The Wall Street Journal who have made this news live have even suggested that we should not access any of them as accessing them is risky for user information. It has also been published in the newspaper that the Zynga is transmitting the users ID to the third party and that we will certainly loose all our confidential data to them. Since then I have been stopped playing FarmVille and I request you all to do the same.

With more than 5000 Million people having their account on Facebook ,so it will be certain that half or more of the users will access to the applications that are been provided by the Facebook as this is one of the thing the Facebook is famous for. I know that Facebook has taken the initiative from the company’s like Zynga who develop their own applications and then Facebook provides them to us through their sites, so they will have to share the users id and some of the information to get the access complete and ensure that there is enough security. But according to me enough measures should be taken by the facebook so that there shouldn’t be any harm to the users data as such.

With millions peoples data residing on the Facebook, I think that this is the only source from where many company’s who are involved in building their own database can really take a good advantage of it so as to get access to all the users data. This matter has been already send to the Zynga and they have come out with their suggestion saying that “They are not doing any of this illegal transformation about the data and that they have a very tight policy of enclosing the personal information to anyone”. They have also informed that they will certainly look forward to make the users account as securable as possible such that no one will be able to get access to them. Now how much of this is true is certainly unknown, but I think that we should be careful and should not put any kind of personal information on our account.

I think that the best we can do is to make a separate account that should not contain any private information about us, we can use this account for accessing as many applications and games that we want. We can keep our original account for just staying connected with the people and which have all the personal information. Remember that you don’t access any of the applications using your original account unknowingly, because this could be a threat to all your data that is there in your account.