Thread: Does Dead space 2 supports 3d?

Does Dead space 2 supports 3d?

It gives me a great pleasure to write in this forum , last time I had written in this forum was regarding some sort of technical issue I had faced in my hardware of my desktop system, but I never knew that one day I will posting my question once again in this forum regarding any game issue , I did not mention in my last query post about interest in playing games , I have already completed the first part of the Dead Space , now I wish to finish off the Dead Space 2 version , however I was a bit concerned about the appearance of the game , I wanted to ask is possible to have or make the game 3 D , please post back your ideas and comments on this. Thank you in advance .

Re: Does Dead space 2 supports 3d?

Well I do not think it is possible that you can implement 3 D graphics on this game as it seems that this game is very much overrated It truly is overrated low-priced half films already scattering this 3D feature and now we facing this garbage effect in games as well? Only appeal to little kids that r easily flattered by gimmicks I i had to go from regular tv to HD just to outlook these new games completely now I will have to buy a new High definitions Tv for this game .

I just completed black ops in 3d, first foremost title in 3d, and it has its errors but I considered it was fine but not outstanding in 3d. Dead space 2 played on a well 3d tv would be foolness . If you could depict running dead space 2 in the dark in complete surround sound on a 55 inch samsung 8000 series 3d led. I do not glimpse how that is not good for me. The only thing that sis lacking about 3d gaming is there is not sufficient content but there are numerous chief titles on the way

.I own a complete blown 3d setup with Nvidia's 3d vision glasses and Dead Space 2 is. THE defining 3d game on the PC in my estimation. The only further game that does 3d impartiality is Metro 2033...Metro in 3d is downright weird... I lean to be in agreement that 3d IS overhyped but when it is done correct the result is a marvelous amount of fun. I have also discovered that 3d provides a much superior intelligence of depth when played in enclosed platfomers like DS2 and Metro 2033...

I have trouble setting up 3dvision for DS2.

I usually like to have my monitor very close, with depth maxed out and convergence set so things appear 'real size'. This setup doesn't work with DS2 due to the many effects of all sorts like lights and fog etc that render at the wrong depth.

To correct this, The best I found is to push back the monitor (so it's like 2 ft away), set the depth at minimum and ajust convergence. Then the game looks really, really awesome, but depending on the convergence, either the characters look the size of a GI-Joe and everything is small, or I loose the depth effect.

I've tried many setting for convergence and depth, but none is really fine.

Is there a way to set it up so the game both looks great and at (or at least close to) real size? Please give convergence and depth setting, monitor distance, effects active, etc.

This game has the most awesomest look in 3d, I can't resolve to go back in 2d, I tried but I'd rather stop playing.. I guess that once you've gone 3D there's no coming back :-)

I have a 22'' Samsung..

Thks

It is nice that you tried some of the settings on your own but I think that it would have been better if you would have allowed the things to go with the default mode. Now there is something that I would like you to give a try. For getting the things to be done in a handy manner it will be nice if you can avoid the 3D button that is there on TV remote. Go into the Games settings and then go to gt5 and turn on the stereoscopic 3d there. IN addition to this if you want you can change the value of the Parallax and set it to 9 from the default 3 and amend the value of Convergence from 0.00 to 0.90.

Dead Space 2 + 3D Vision = HORRIBLE

I do not understand how any of you could have played Dead Space 2 with nVidia 3D Vision, even less calling it "THE defining 3d game on the PC", and I look forward to hear your opinions more in depth.

I have nVidia shutter glasses set and I can assure that it is impossible to play Dead Space 2 in 3D with it:

not only you get doubled shadows, wrong depth post processing and flares on only one eye, but also objects and characters have black silhouettes on both their right and left sides.

With a great depth is simply impossible to play as these silhouettes get a few centimetres a part from the original object (1600x1200) and make such a mess in the levels that is simply impossible to see where to go.

With minimal depth is possible to play but the shadows are all messed up by their doubling , post processing is... you know it already... and the two black silhouettes still bother creating a halo around objects and character making the overall game look... well... HORRIBLE.

I looked forward to play Dead Space 2 in 3D for long time, the only scenes I could bare were the intro and the beginning until after the rescuer turns into a monster, after that, I could not even see my way through the level and had to switch off my glasses.

I've tried with all Visual Options at minimum, nothing changed, and even if it did I'd rather play in 2D with 2011 graphics than in 3D with "Super Mario" visuals.

Dead Space 2 is an AWESOME game, but not in 3D.
    Last edited by jee; 02-02-2011 at 10:52 PM.

I too agree with "jee", dead space 2 has flaws in 3d playing. Even the first Dead Space had issues with 3D Vision too. It had objects rendered at the wrong depth and color distortion when you tried to activate 3D Vision.
    This game has extremely poor to no 3d support. Don't spend a dime in this game if you are hoping for that kind of immersion.