Thread: Dead space 2 activation.exe integer overflow problem

Dead space 2 activation.exe integer overflow problem

Hello. I have just finished with my fresh installation of Dead Space 2. I have with me the Collector's version for the PC, and my rig surpasses the minimum necessities. Following installation, I ran through the First-Time-Use wizard, which halts and shows a prompt me for the code placed on the rear of the manual. After entering it, I obtained the message, "Activation Completed !" Although, from then on out, I was not able to activate my game, as Windows would inform me that the Activation Manager had shut down . After going out of the Windows prompt, I obtain a text window that says some sort of error , But I am unable to comprehend it , can any one please help me out . as I get the following

Application Error

Exception EIntOverflow in module activation.exe at 001900D6. Integer Overflow.

Re: Dead space 2 activation.exe integer overflow problem

I have not found a solution to this issue though . However, I did discover that you will be able to successfully uninstall the game, in spite of the error message, you just have to be a bit patient. I have made contact with EA technical support, and they have said that they are functioning to bring resolution for the issue . However, I am still waiting for a response from them , once I have a word with them then I will let you know on a call from them. If I hear anything, I will intimate you regarding the same .

I too was facing lots of problems with this new game so for that reason I called EA and they sort of helped. I got a 15 dollar token code even if that is good cool I presume. Anyways, the spokesperson has rised my problem to Tier 3 tech support team (it seems that the big seniors that know the whole thing). Only trouble is it takes generally 48 to 72 hours for a reply. I mean, if they provided me a token code and they demanded for details and based on what we interacted about on the phone, they are aware that I officially purchased my game , all I will not bother at all for this as there are other way to just go around the Activation Manager.

I am not able to start my game even I am unable to de-authorize my game, and I cannot uninstall the dead space game. I am at a failure as to what to do to issue this condition, as I actually just wish to play my game. However, there are numerous posts on this very same problem for gamers, who similar to myself, use Windows XP (SP3), across a number of different games, yet there is no mentioned solution in any of them. Also, when do I type in the code to make active the rivet gun?

I too just purchased the game today and have the similar issue that you people are facing currently if I can not discover a resolution , if you too cannot get any solution to this issue what you ca do is you can ask for the refund. I am paying a pretty much amount of money for a game that does not function directly out of the box. You will not agree to pay for such a product , and I recommend you too do the same thing .