Thread: War Of World's unofficial servers are legal or illegal

War Of World's unofficial servers are legal or illegal

A few months ago that the well-known game World of Warcraft (WoW) in an unofficial server and recently assaulted me a question that until then had raised me, "unofficial servers are legal or illegal? At first I thought it certainly illegal, pirated servers, but there are some details that made me hesitate a lot. After searching the Google found the answer, which I found rather curious. Now i am making this post to know what do you think about the same. So if you can then share your view here.

Re: War Of World's unofficial servers are legal or illegal

At first the little I could get clear is that, rather than legal or illegal are "legal nor illegal, as the share of private copying what was at the time, the problem is that software is owned by blizzard, and in terms of usage is very clear about prohibiting reverse engineer, or any other similar form to find out how things work and precisely because reverse engineering is like tend to draw all or most of the owners of unofficial servers. To my knowledge, if what you say is correct Irenicus, fall into the category of illegal, as ever, I have never heard anything like that blizzard gave its consent to create private servers (logical, disposed of the ashes in the eyes)

I play wow, I was quite time servers pirates. The problem is that eventually want something more, a bit of competitiveness, raids "serious" best players (although officials there are also some cops out there that shakes the mystery, and many), something that motivates you a little play and this is the game that I spent more time (with 350 days / played by adding up all my pjs) and I doubt that back to a server for any reason unofficial.

I think they are legal (not that you remove a hefty sum of money to blizzard). I started playing on a pirated server but I got bored one week for the few people who had. I am currently playing on a official server I have little time or a month but I do not follow or pay the fee. In fact they are legal, they are called emulators, and the explanation is a little pain in the ass and probably would get the leg at some point if I go into detail, but on top.

Piracy is still a copy of the official version, but the unofficial servers are managed by non-software blizzard from which the company distributes for a small fee and are governed by separate rules official game, you can even create objects that do not exist, to reach higher levels, etc. In fact, administrators of these servers and are holding the next wow expansion will not at least until the end of the year, but blizzard does not authorize them to put it clearly yet.