Thread: Unable to play halo in the Linux mint

Unable to play halo in the Linux mint

I am new to this Linux operating system. I have a Linux mint 10 operating system. Recently I tried installing the halo custom edition game in my system but I was said that a particular dll file is missing. So I was very disappointed with it. So I copied it from the windows installation and then I tried running it. At that time I got an error message saying that it cannot allocate the required memory. Now what can be the problem here? After that I get a black screen and I have to press esc in order to stop running that particular game. I have a ATI Radeon X1950XT video card and a AMD processor. So suggest some solutions for this type of problem.

Re: Unable to play halo in the Linux mint

Well if you have the windows installation of the particular game them I don’t think so it might be the problem with the Linux. Since games like halo requires a windows installation in the Linux. Well the video card that you are using is quite good and I don’t think so there might be some problem with the video card. However try upgrading the video card driver of the particular card. That might help. So do try that and let me know if it works or not.

I think so the video card that you are using has a a very less memory. So that’s why it is giving you such problem. I think so it’s better to get it replaced by a new high end graphic card, if you are a gamer. Also if you want to test the graphic card try using it in the virtual environment of the windows and check if it is giving the same result there also. If it is then its time to change the graphic card and replace it with a new one.

Well earlier when I had the windows operating system I had the same graphic card and I was able to play all the high end games in it comfortably without any problem. I think so the problem might be due to the driver of the graphic card. So that’s why it is giving such problem. I wanted to know Is there any good ati driver that will work well with the linux mint operating system. So if you have any idea then do let me know.

I don’t think so you must try with the ati driver In the linux. I have heard it is giving a lot of problems working with the ati. So it is better advices not to go with the ati driver in linux. Talking about the playing games in Linux. Then I would advise you to install the wine application and check for the various games that will be compatible with the wine platform. So you will get the list of various games and you can play accordingly in it.