Thread: Best Upcoming MMORPG PC Games for 2011

Best Upcoming MMORPG PC Games for 2011

DC Universe Online:

DC Universe Online or DCUO is an Massively multiplayer online role-playing game being prepared on PC and Playstation 3. It can embody superhero universe of DC Comics . The game is scheduled for first quarter 2011 in Europe and USA. Among the most popular characters: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Joker, Catwoman or Flash. Places of worship are also honored with, among others, Gotham City and Metropolis. The world of superheroes would not be the same without the company also decided to go ahead and let your millions of fans could enjoy their hero (or antihero) favorites on their consoles and computers.

• Genre: MMO-RPG
    • Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment
    • Developer: SOE Austin
    • Release Date: 11th January 2011

Guild Wars 2:

Guild Wars 2 is a MMO-RPG game from ArenaNet , distributed by NCsoft. This is the second installment of the series on PC. This massively multiplayer role-playing game leads the player into a heroic-fantasy universe. Playable without a subscription, it helps develop the character by fighting monsters, but also facing other players in battles and tournaments in the arena. Indeed, most of the game does not take place in instanced but in a persistent world wide. It will be possible this time, fighting in an open environment while meeting new players.

• Publisher: NCsoft
    • Developer: ArenaNet
    • Release Date: 2nd November 2011

Rift:

Mysterious rifts are tearing the world of Telara apart. A powerful magic explosion during the final days of the Shade War has left the veil between Telara and other planar dimensions fractured and torn. Be aware that if Rift is the first game of Trion Worlds, the company is also working internally with other talented developers on a proposed merger between another MMO and a TV series. In addition, the publisher is also responsible for producing a persistent RTS with elements named End of Nations which we'll talk you soon. As you can see, in Trion Worlds, is believed to play a lot online. Treacherous and powerful, these rifts occur when another plane of reality intersects with the magical Ward protecting Telara. Rifts create doorways for planar invasion, destroying the lands and people of Telara, but they may also grant otherworldly power to those brave enough to seize it.

• Publisher: Trion Worlds
    • Developer: Trion Worlds
    • Release Date: 1st March 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic :

Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) is a massively multiplayer online RPG game. Being developed by BioWare , the game should be released in 2011. The story is set in the fantasy world of Star Wars 300 years after the events of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic game and more than 3500 years before the events of Star Wars movies. The game offers the opportunity to experience adventure epic quests worked through and let you make choices, influencing your addiction to the dark side or vice versa. You are also accompanied by another non-player with whom to interact and evolve along with you. Take control of your character during the war between the army of the Republic and the most powerful Sith Empire ever, which attempt to exterminate the Jedi guardians.

• Publisher: Electronic Arts
    • Developer: BioWare Austin / BioWare
    • Release Date: TBA 2011

Checkout More Upcoming PC Games of 2011

Checkout Best Upcoming Sports Games for Xbox 360 in 2011.

Re: Best Upcoming MMORPG PC Games for 2011

I have no idea about any of these games but still appreciate the list. I am really an addict of games and i think i should try not MMO games as well (Never tried yet ). Out of this MMO list, i'll go with RIFT.

Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) is going to be a REALLY awesome game.
    I have been following its development since 2007 when it was announced.

It will have awesome RPG with gamechanging choices like Mass Effect, insane spaceship action sequences and more!

Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) could very well be the best MMO ever created when it comes out!
    I know I am so hyped!
    Learning is a journey without end.

Hey, great list ! Thanks for the same. If am not wrong, only DC Universe Online is out yet from this list. Its good but very good in graphics. Anyways, now am waiting for Star Wars and Rift. They seems good in graphics as well, as per the trailers and videos i have saw.

Also, i found a preview of Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) here on this forums. I must say that am a addict of this series and would like to play this episode as well. There are so many new characters added as well in this new chapter. I wish if that also have been MMORPG