Thread: Flight Simulator X has encountered a fatal error

Flight Simulator X has encountered a fatal error

I have been containing this trouble for about 4 to 5 days now. Game begins later than some minutes it just collapsed. I have read these other forums and attempted the solutions which they were specified. I did the compatibility for Microsoft windows Vista SP1 mode, did not work. Made certain all my drivers are advanced did not work. Made certain Direct X and C++ are also advanced, but did not work. It is truly getting irritating that a Microsoft prepared game, is not working with a latest Microsoft operation system.
    Things which cause a game crash:
    1. Altering views in game.
    2. Opening ATC window.
    3. Not anything, it just crashes.

So, I improved my computer from old hardware and Windows XP Professional 32 bit SP3 to newer, quicker hardware and Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Computer specs as below:
    • CPU: Intel Core i5 750
    • Motherboard: AS Rock P55 Extreme
    • RAM: 4 GB Corsair
    • Video: Nvidia GTX 260
    • Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Re: Flight Simulator X has encountered a fatal error

I as well have the similar issue; I checked my drivers, DirectX, C++, and attempted running in Microsoft windows Vista SP 1 form. And not a bit of it works. I don't wish to sound like a yank but it is just getting truly maddening and frustrating while they don't work, especially if they are both Microsoft products. Any assist would be pleasant and another time, I have read alike post on this site from people with the similar trouble, and tried what they attempted and still no fortune for me, or them. Any type of help would be deeply respected.

Initially I would recommend you update the most recent graphics card drivers that are well-matched with Microsoft windows 7. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and setup the similar on the computer. In addition I would advise you to run Direct X diagnostic tool and verify whether it assists. DirectX Diagnostic Tool assists you troubleshoot problems with the DirectX suite of multimedia technologies which come with Windows. If you are containing problem getting game animation or a movie to run correctly, you should run DirectX Diagnostic Tool to attempt to discover the source of the trouble.
    • Release DirectX Diagnostic Tool by simply clicking on the Start, in search box type dxdiag, and after that pushing enter key.

I also have some solution for you. Later than running Dxdiag in both 32 bit and 64 bit, I just found that my system is running in DirectX 11 form. At this moment, from what I have read, Flight Simulator X does not similar to that. Therefore how can I get it back to a dissimilar DirectX mode which Flight Simulator X truly works with? Because this trouble is still going on, later than all the pages I have read, and forums I have posted, no one seems to have an answer. That is disappointing.

I have the just the similar trouble. I have done the whole thing it says here over but I cannot get this trouble out of my computer. It worked on my computer earlier than I installed Microsoft Windows 7. Any Windows person who please could provide me further help? I downloaded the DirectX 9 link thing you told him to but while I ran Dxdiag it motionlessly said that I ran on DirectX 11. Like what is the thing with it? May be I have to eliminate DirectX 11 to be able to utilize DirectX 9. Please help!

I am running FSX just excellent in Windows 7 on my rig:
    • Intel Q9550
    • Evga GeForce GTX275 896 MB driving Acer X243W LCD
    • Kingston RAM 800 MHz DDR2 8 GB
    • Intel DP35DP motherboard
    • 150 GB and 70 GB raptor drive
    • 2 TB WD SATA
    I did not have to do anything unusual or run in compatibility form to get it to work. Make certain you install the FSX SP1 though since I know earlier than that the program was pretty buggy and flat to crashes. If all your drivers and the whole thing else is advanced I would say your rig is not stable. Actually, I utilize FSX continually to analysis my PC builds for stability because if it is not build 100 percent stable it will crash quite randomly. There is no way to eliminate DirectX 11 in Windows 7 since its piece of the operating system. You can install and should install the most recent DirectX 9 runtimes though.