Thread: Reinstalling sudoku on iPod Classic?

Reinstalling sudoku on iPod Classic?

I went to sync my iPod classic this morning and everything was fine...until I went to play Sudoku. Now, it is telling me that I have to re-install it. I have no idea how to do it and I am, in no way shape or form, forking out the $25 to Apple for their crappy support. I have learned my lesson in buying Apply products. Can anyone help me please? Could I also get some hacking tips and backdoors to this thing. I have never owned an Apple product before. Its like reading Japanese.

Re: Reinstalling sudoku on iPod Classic?

If I am correct then sudoku game comes preinstalled on iPod Classic, right. So if any inbuilt ipod games are giving any kind of problems then you can simply connect your ipod to the computer and restore it again. By restoring, all games will be also restored and you wont have any problems playing games in ipod. Below are the steps to restore iPod to factory settings:

• Verify that you have an active Internet connection, because you may need to download new versions of the iTunes and iPod Software.
    • Download and install the latest version of iTunes if necessary.
    • Open iTunes. Connect your iPod to your computer using the USB or FireWire cable that came with your iPod.
    • After a few moments, your iPod will appear in the Source panel in iTunes.
    • Select your iPod in the Source panel. You will see information about your iPod appear in the Summary tab of the main iTunes window.
    • Click Restore.
    • If you are using a Mac, you will be asked to enter an administrator’s name and password.
    • A progress bar will appear on the computer screen, indicating that stage one of the restore process has begun. When this stage is done, iTunes will present one of two messages with instructions specific to the iPod model you are restoring.
      • Disconnect iPod and connect it to iPod Power Adapter (typically applies to older iPod models).
      • Leave iPod connected to computer to complete restore (typically applies newer iPod models).
    • During stage two of the restore process, the iPod displays an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remain connected to the computer or iPod power adapter during this stage.
      • Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see, because the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
    • After stage two of the restore process is complete, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear. It will ask you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences, as it did when you connected your iPod for the first time.

Re: Reinstalling sudoku on iPod Classic?

I ended up buying the game from iTunes and installing it on my iPod. And I have a PC system. PC is all I have ever known. But I will try this, since the app for the game is still on my iPod. Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.