Thread: Mouse and keyboard options for playing Games

Mouse and keyboard options for playing Games

I have been using Xbox 360 to play games. So I do not use PC for it. Whatever the game may be I just buy only 360 version not PC version. So that I don’t have any experience in playing games on either desktop PC or Laptop. Now I am going to move for PC because now some of the latest and good games are available only for PC. I played the Left 4 Dead 2 on Microsoft Xbox 360. With its controller I didn’t find any difficulties while playing. But when I tried to play it in PC, I was unsuccessful in adapting mouse and keyboard. I could feel the game at all. Some keys are very difficult to handle in keyboard. No my question is…. Is there any simple way to resolve this issue? I can type perfectly on keyboard, but when it comes to game I am lacking something. So I want to play the Left 4 Dead 2 in easy way in PC. Is it possible? If you have any solution please share with me. Thank you once again.

Re: Mouse and keyboard options for playing Games

First of all I need to tell you that get rid of the typing position in Keyboard while playing games. It no longer helps you at all. At the beginning for a newbie playing games in PC is much difficult than other consoles. In game consoles there are selected buttons which will give some similar response in variety of games. But in PC version the keys changes according to the functionality of the game. At this time you need to manually set the keyboard keys in Game option menu which seems to be much easier for you. You may find it difficult at the beginning but as far as my concern the true thing is using keyboard for complex games is much easier than using joystick, gamepad or other Xbox and PS3 controllers.

As you are newbie before playing complex games in PC, you need to know which keys are mostly used many times in several games. First of all play some simple games using keyboard such as car race and simple shooting game. Then move on for complex game like Left 4 Dead 2. Put the fingers in relax position on the keyboard. Be calm while playing game using keyboard. It is not something like playing from Game controllers.

Setting of proper keys for games usually increases the game performance to win battle. Make note of the common and easy key. Like use WASD for Forward, left, backward and right respectively. Otherwise you can set arrow keys also. For jump common key is space. For shooting mouse left click and to reload mouse right click. You can use Ctrl, ALT, Enter, Delete, Shift, and backspace and “0” (zero) key near the right arrow key also, rather than using Alphabetical key. These keys are easy to remember. For other option like game map, help, description, task, and information and for other details it is better to use Function keys.