Thread: Tomb Raider Underworld Lagging with Windows 7

Tomb Raider Underworld Lagging with Windows 7

Recently I have installed Tomb Raider Underworld game on Windows 7 and it is 64 bit. The problem is that it is lagging very much from the time I have installed this Tomb Raider Underworld game on my windows 7 operating system. I have played this game on windows XP and it was working fine on Windows XP. I do not know what is the reason for this problem? One more thing I will like to tell you that I have not tested this thing windows vista. Configuration of my computer system is Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 gigahertz processor. 2 Gigabytes of RAM and the graphic card that I am having is Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT 256MB. I have also downloaded drivers for latest graphic cards but still I am not able to play this game. Is there any solution for the problem I am having.

Re: Tomb Raider Underworld Lagging with Windows 7

I think that the problem is because of the graphic card driver. Actually the thing is that this Tomb Raider Underworld game is not compatible with the windows 7. If you want to play this game then you can do that but you have to run the game in windows XP mode of windows 7. I am sure that in that mode you will able to run this game. You just need to follow these steps.
    1. First thing you have to do is to uninstall this game and then reboot your computer system.
    2. After that you have to right click on the setup file, then you have to click on properties, and then click on the compatibility tab. After that you have check the box for compatibility mode and then you have to select windows XP.
    3. After that you have to click on apply and then ok
    4. Then you can install the game and the restart the computer
    5. Now you will be able to play this game.
    I hope that this will solve the problem you are facing.

Recently I have got this game "Tomb Raider: Underworld. I also have a new computer with the operating system Windows 7. Now I was hopeful that the game would run properly on this new computer, since it would have to satisfy the conditions in any case. After I had started the game, were still no problems. Also during the installation was nothing to unusual. But when I clicked on "New Game" and it threw out the first text on the game, it started to thicken. And since that moment was no improvement. I have also tried the game in a compatibility mode as Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) to run, or to install this compatibility mode. But here was no change. I have already installed the first patch, but also brought about any improvement. Here is the configuration of my system: CPU: Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4400 and 2.20GHz. CPU Speed: 2.20 GHz (my sister 2:09 GHz and it runs perfectly) and RAM: 3.2 GB and Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7, Video Card: GeForce 9100M G. Sound Card: SAA7231 Hybrid Capture Device. Free Disk Space: 842.0 GB. DVD-ROM: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50N SCSI CdRom Device. Now the question I am asking that: Is there a solution to this problem?

I have a similar problem. For me, the game runs quite smoothly, however but not for long. For it is only for short time with the APPCRASH message for tru.exe. My system configuration: Windows 7 Home Premium (64), AMD Phenom X4 955 BE at 3.2 GHZ. Radeon HD 4870 512 with the MSI motherboard with an ATI chipset, the latest generation, 4 GB RAM. I am also having Latest 64-bit drivers are on it Question now is: Where is the problem and how can I resolve that issue. I will be waiting for the related reply.

I have the same problem and since the game's release, I seek a solution on the internet. Problem is your graphics card, as indicated on the back of the box your graphics card must have at least 526 MB of memory size and more to play it you need at least an Nvidia 6800 or ATI X1600. Anyway, I have to buy a graphics card because mine is an SE Family with only 128 MB of memory. Check the data from your graphics card in your device drivers and buy a new card based on your budget and whether you are an amateur player or not. My problem is solved by using the new graphic card, I hope that if follows these steps then your problem will also be solved.

I am a little void in information technology and cannot play Tomb Raider Underworld while I waited for the price drop! My laptop is a Dell, the Inspiron 1525, made to measure. Everything is ok for standard configuration for playing TRU, except the graphics card. Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce 6 series 6800GT / ATI 1300XT and Intel 965 Express Chipset Family. I read that in fact it is possible to change the graphics card and the Windows Help and Support tells me that "If the video card is built directly into the motherboard of your computer, you can also the upgrade. Indeed, if your computer has an AGP, PCI or PCI-Express, you can buy a suitable video card to this connector and use it instead of integrated video output. With a little fiddling in the ownership of my video card, I found this: in information and it says "PCI bus 0.2, function 0. I suppose if there is "PCI" support.