Thread: Games for windows live(GFWL) needs to close

Games for windows live(GFWL) needs to close

I am passionate gamer. Yesterday I bought Dead Rising 2 game for playing and I wanted to use GFWL (Games For Windows Live) client for this game. I have a Desktop computer running on Windows XP professional SP3 operating system. But upon running this game i got a error and then I needed to close GFWL, I don't know what was the error message. I again tried it to launch it but not succeed. I don't know what is the reason for this. If anyone knows about this then please suggest me. Any suggestions will be appreciate. Thanks is advance.

Re: Games for windows live(GFWL) needs to close

I think that this can be happens if you have internet connection problem while using GFWL or you may need to update GFWL. To connect to GFWL you should have to locate in supported GFWL locale. I think that first you should check the status of Windows LIVE ID and LIVE services. If service is down then it prevents you from accessing and it closes. Games for windows live are not available for all countries. If your connection is working fine then I think you should update GFWL. I hope this suggestion may help you.

I have done a quick search regarding your query, and I come to know that is, if your computer cannot connect to Games for Windows Live then it closes normally this issue occur because of network problem, so first check your internet connection or may be this can be happens because firewall stops connection to GFWL. I will advise you to first check network connection for and firewall settings and then move forward.

I was facing similar issue while connecting to the Games for Windows Live client, and I think that there can be one major reason for this that is .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is requires to run GFWL client, if you are not having same for windows XP then I will suggest you to first install it. Even though problem is remains then think you should visit Microsoft support site for getting rid of this error. All the GFWL related articles helped me to overcome this issue and I think that you should also visit same side to make your Games for windows live work again. If you are having other query then reply me.
    Last edited by Squibbit; 03-12-2010 at 04:56 PM.

There can be several reasons for this but I think that this can be solve by just updating the drivers. For that you don’t have to reinstall windows or your game. You just have to update the drivers E.g Video card and also update the Basic input output setting and chipset and finally download latest new Games for windows Live. Before getting latest GFWL first you have to remove the older one. To remove GFWL you have open control panel by clicking on start button and then select Add or remove programs and then install the new one.