Thread: World Of Warcraft gives poor performance with Ubuntu

World Of Warcraft gives poor performance with Ubuntu

Friends, first of all I would like to thank you for spending your time to read this post. I have decided to change to Linux. My brother is a long-time linux user. We both like to play the World Of Warcraft and therefore we build a computer by considering the game. My brother is very busy with his work and so he doesn’t get time to help me. That’s why I am posting this question here. My problem is that the game is giving low performance as it should give. Currently I am getting only 12-35 fps, which is very low. I am very new to linux so I cannot guess whether the problem is with the game or it is with the OS. Please help.

Re: World Of Warcraft gives poor performance with Ubuntu

The only problem that I can guess at this point of time is that there is some compatibility concern with Linux. I would like to tell you that I have never run the Warcraft on the linux platform but I think that it should run on the linux as one of my friends is already running many games on it. Don’t think that it can be some hardware issue. It is just a minor compatibility problem.

I don’t know that why you are getting the problem while running that on Linux. I am also playing the World Of Warcraft on my computer on Linux platform. I am getting the normal frame rates as it should give. You can try to use software called wine. This is the software that can be used to run the Windows application to run on the Linux. I hope that this will help you.

I think that you may have problem with the graphic card driver that is installed in your computer. Your currently installed graphic driver may be corrupted and it is creating the problem for the game. You can try to uninstall the drive and install that again. See whether this solves the problem or not. If that is not able to solve the problem then you can search the latest version of the driver on the manufactures site. If that is available then download that and install it to your computer.