Thread: Is Star Trek: Armada working on Windows 7

Is Star Trek: Armada working on Windows 7

Almost certainly one game that I grew up with was Star Trek armada and I really like it. I have attempted compatibility mode in each setting, attempted disabling all hardware acceleration and DX 9 sound and the whole thing. While I begin the game I find the introduction movie and the title screen with sound and video but while I go to load up a level it presently freezes. I left it for at least 2 hours and still the loading bar did not shift. I don't know if anybody has managed to obtain this working but I like the game too much I just wish to play it once more.

Re: Is Star Trek: Armada working on Windows 7

I am annoying to run the extremely old but classic game Star Trek Armada on a computer operating Windows 7. I had no troubles installing or booting up the game, but while I in fact try to play the game the loading screen flickers reverse and onward for a small number of second and after that the game crashes. Reinstalling the game has had no result to the matter. I am not totally computer illiterate, but I am not extremely tech savvy also so I have here for help. Any help or ideas would be very much valued.

Star Trek Armada is an extremely old game and I am scared it is not well-matched with any of the newer operating systems. If you contain a PC with Windows 98 setup on it, then you can play Armada on that. Additional than that, I consider you are out of luck. So here after this I am must say all the best, if this information work for you then it is really niceā€¦..

Yes you are right but here you can as well try by means of Virtual PC or VirtualBox, but there is no guarantee that they will resolve the problem. I have attempted running Armada on a variety of Windows versions, and I have establish the simply way to acquire it working 101 percent correctly is to setup it on a Windows 98 system.

Does anybody be familiar with if it is probable to obtain Armada to work on Windows 7? It setups very well, and will go to the menu excellent, but while I attempt and begin a game it just digs up wedged with the loading screen iridescent and I comprise to Alt+F4 out of it. Please provide some help which help me solve this problem. Any assist would be valued and respected.

Dunno if this is a dead post or not if it is i apologize in advanced. Me and a few old armada vets like 14 of us play late night on game ranger. We all use windows 7 to keep the game from going out of sync. i will try my best to give you guys a check list to see what's working correctly also if you want to come play online you can do.

Checklist:

-Install armada on windows 7
    -Patch to 1.2
    -go to armada Dir C:/program files/activistion/star trek - armada
    -right click on armada.exe - properties (here comes the fun part)
    -go to compatibility tab
    -set it for windows xp sp2
    -run in 256 colors
    -set to run as administrator
    -Check armada CD is in the drive and gl have fun

For online play, won servers are no longer supported. So we use Game ranger which is a free small program which is able to host armada as well as other games. I'll walk you threw online.

-Google, Game Ranger (not hard to find)
    -Download, install, register.
    -connect and you will shown a list of games
    -click on the top bar community
    -search user
    -acct ID: 1221160
    -That's me, and i will try help out with any other issues.