Thread: Super Meat Boy Crash on immediate startup?

Super Meat Boy Crash on immediate startup?

I have seen this game released for the PC version and hence went to buy it. Now the thing is that when I came up with the game so that I can start with this I have seen that the game suddenly crashes and there is really nothing that I can do in this case. It seems like I have just wasted my money by buying this game. The installation of the Game went smooth and then after the system restarted I went for the play and noticed that the Game just crashes right there. I really cannot do anything with this. Can you all please come up with anything in this respect?

Re: Super Meat Boy Crash on immediate startup?

I think that you will have to have a look at the system requirement that has been specified by the developers and please try to have a neat look at it if at all you do not have any one from the list that has been mentioned below then I think that can be the reason for the immediate crash of this Game. Here is the list for the minimum system requirement for this game. Have a look at this:
    • Operating System Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
    • Video Card 64 MB VRAM – with Pixel Shader 2.0 support
    • Hard Disk 200 MB of free Hard Drive space
    • Direct X 9.0c
    • RAM 768 MB

Please see if you are not missing anything from the list that has been specified below.

I have this game with me and I would like to say that this game is not at all buggy and hence I do not think that you will have to worry for that. In my opinion I think that the system of yours is somewhat buggy and hence the game might be getting crashed. I would suggest you to see for the RAM if the Stick is properly inserted in its slot as sometimes the error can be because of this as well and hence would suggest you to look for that. Open the case of the CPU and uninstall the RAM from the slot and then again reinstall the RAM in that slot and then try to see for this. Also please check if you have graphic card in the case then it is also properly inserted in the slot so that it cannot be the reason for the failure here.

Please take care that you have the Direct X 9 in your system for this game as I think that it is the vital part that you are missing on. I have seen that this game is really very low on the Graphics and the system requirement that it requires is also not that mighty one. The only think that you will have to take care of is the Direct X. Please see if you can have the Direct X 9 or higher for this game. I was missing on this and found it and got the game fixed for me now it is not crashing at all. See if that can really make the difference in your case. Please let me get notified.

Here is what you can actually try so that you can come out of the issues that you are coming up with. Here are the steps that you can follow:
    • First place the Game to the Factory default
    • Now after this try to launch the game using the autoconfig.
    • To make the Game run without issues you will be required to update the drivers of the Graphic Card here
    • Also it will be nice if you can have the DirectX updated to the 10 or if at all possible to 11
    • If above things do not go in your way then I think that you will be required to change the resolution
    • I think that it will be better if that does not solve the issue then you can go for the reinstallation of the game itself.

Well I think that there is some issue with the game itself and I am saying this because I have seen that a patch has been sent out by the Publishers of the Super Meat Boy Team Meat have announced an updates for this game and hence I think that you will be required to have that in your case. I think that you can have this one from the official site of the game and will let you know about this if I will have some more information on this.