Thread: X-fire launch problems in Bf2142

X-fire launch problems in Bf2142

Hello friends I am having this Battle Field game from the past few months and I don't have any problem with it. Recently I have heard about the Xfire browser that has been released for chatting with all the gamers that are connected online while playing the game. I downloaded the Xfire and then when I try to launch the game through the Xfire, I got the error message saying that "I should insert the install disk". Can any one help me to find out what is really the kind of problem with the game and how can it be solved.

Re: X-fire launch problems in Bf2142

Hey I would like to ask you that can you start the game directly through the game icon on your computer or from the .exe file of the game. That is try running the game without using the Xfire and then see if it works or not. If the game doesn't works with that then I think that it is the problem of the game and you might have to again reinstall the game and then again try out using both the options. I hope that reinstalling the game would certainly help you in overcoming your issue.

I think that BF2 doesn't support the the Xfire browser and that is why you are getting this error of install the game CD. The Xfire is not able to detect the game from its directory and that is the only reason why you are getting this error. Xfire only supports full retail versions of games and you can only run that game using the Xfire browser.

hello friends thanks for all your quick reply I would want to add up to the information that I don't have any problem in running the game directly from the desktop that is without running from the Xfire so the question that there is some problem in the game is out. Also, I have searched the internet that about whether or not the game support the Xfire and I came to know that it does support, so I would want to know why the hell I am not able to load the game from the xfire. Help me to get this problem solved quickly.

Hey why don't you try launching the game from the install directory of the Xfire and the see what happens. Also, if that doesn't solve the problem then I would like to ask you to run the computer system as a administrator. To make sure that you are running as a Admin then you have to go to the control panel and select the User Account and then see what names comes over there. Select Admin over there and then do the same thing that is try running the game using the Xfire and see if it works or not. I hope that it will work.

Hey also remember that when you run the game as an Admin you have right click on your Xfire launch icon and select 'Properties'. There you will have to move to the 'Compatibility' tab and over there you have to check whether there is a option to 'Run this program as an administrator' .If there is, remove it and click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.