Thread: Shaiya not detected by XFire

Shaiya not detected by XFire

I have recently downloaded one game named as Shaiya on my Windows Vista machine which has XFire running on it. Now the problem is this game not getting detected by the Xfire. I don't know is it the problem with the XFire or with the Shaiya but as I am not so familiar with the computer stuff, I am not able to find out the perfect reason for this problem. Pleas help me!

Re: Shaiya not detected by XFire

There could be something wrong with the XFire which you have installed on your windows machine. Though I don't have any idea about what could go wrong but still there is common solution which you may try to resolve this problem. I guess it would be very easy to reinstall the XFire which might solve this problem. But make sure that you are not installing the version which is not suitable as per the version of your Windows OS. You should install the 32 bit version if your machine is running 32 bit version of Windows.

Problem might be appearing due to some problem has occurred while installing the Shaiya game on your windows machine. I think if there is nothing wrong with the version of the Xfire as compare to the windows version then you should try to solve this issue by reinstalling the game on the same machine and then check that your XFire detects it or not. If not then I just don't have any idea that why it is not detected by XFire. Are you sure that this game is supported by the XFire or with the version of XFire which you have installed on your machine?

I was having the same issue on my Windows XP machine when I was trying to detect the Shaiya on my XFire. I know that reinstalling the XFire or Shaiya is not gonna solve this problem as this is not the solution of this issue. I have found the solution and I guess I am the first one to find it. You have to first of all update the xfire_games.ini and then shiaya section with
    LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SONOV\Shaiya\Path. Now check detecting this game, It should be working now.

So what if any game is not getting automatically detected by your XFire, There is one more way which you can make your XFire detecting any game installed on your machine but it should be supported by your XFire. I suggest you to make Shaiya to detect manually from the Xfire. You must be knowing the procedure to detect games manually from the XFire.