Thread: Error 80131522 can't log in into GFWL

Error 80131522 can't log in into GFWL

My problem is I am not able to log into the GFWL and when I am trying to log in then I am getting an error 80131522. I don't have any idea about this error as what it indicates. I am running Windows XP with the SP3. I am not even able to log in on MSN. I want to make GFWL working again as Age Of Empire Online Beta is about to release soon so please guys, Help me to solve this issue.

Re: Error 80131522 can't log in into GFWL

I guess the problem seems to be with GFWl itself which you may try reinstalling it. It might happen that something have got wrong while installing the GFWL on your windows machine. And the versions of the windows as well matter for running the GFWL as it should be the matching with that of version of operating system which you have installed on your machine. This means that if your machine is running 63 bit Windows version then it should be having the 64 bit version of the GFWL client which will work on it without any problem.

Here I have given you the latest version of the GFWL which should be working on your Windows XP machine. Make sure that you first uninstall the existing GFWL from your windows system and then begin with the new installation after downloading this Latest GFWL. As soon as you click on Latest GFWL, It will open the downloading page with the download windows. You have to click on the Run instead of Save and go further as per instructions.

Windows Firewall could be the reason for showing such errors on your machine having Service pack 3. I suggest you to disable the Firewall temporarily which can solve this problem. You have to go to the Start button and then open the Control Panel. Here you would be having a different icon for the Firewall so double click on it. Here you should first check about the same issue after setting your firewall to the lowest restrictions and suppose if it does not works then you may try disabling it.

It could be an issue regarding the router on which you need to do some settings as I have given you as follows. Make sure that your router has such settings which are very much needed to play online games without any problem.
    • MTU: 1500
    • NAT: OPEN, enabled
    • UPnP: enabled
    • Multicast Filtering, enabled

If your router is not able to Forward ports properly then also you can face such kind of problems. Ports which your router must be forwarding or opening are as given as follows.
    • UDP/TCP 53
    • UDP 88
    • UDP/TCP 3074
    • TCP 80
    • TCP 443