Thread: Games For Windows Live failed to initialize Section 8

Games For Windows Live failed to initialize Section 8

The section 8 is one of the favorite games among others. I usually run games from steam. But this time when I try to run the section 8 from steam I ended up with an error. I think that the section 8 developers didn’t care about the issues in steam yet and they didn’t release the patch yet. They just released without testing the steaming pile. I also re-installed the Game For windows Live client several l times and re-installed the game but no joy at all. I think that I have just wasted several dollars spending on this game. What should I do now? Do you have any idea about this issue? I will be waiting for the result.

Re: Games For Windows Live failed to initialize Section 8

I think that it is mostly depends on the ports in your system. The GFWL uses certain ports to access the service and they need to be open at that time. Otherwise you cannot launch any game in this at all. Ask the GFWL supporters for those certain ports and check that whether they are open or not. Also don’t forget to set NAT as open. If any firewall and antivirus programs installed on your computer then they will not let you to open those ports. At this time you have manually disable those programs first then open the individual ports.

There are several reasons which may cause the game on steam. The current Windows OS is also affects on steam operation, so update is as soon as possible. Then the broken .NET framework will also disable the game. Invalid version of Direct X is also another reason. Do you have any other Live enabled on your computer other than steam? Run the Windows Task manager and see whether the game has launched twice or not. Some time game runs 2 times if you use more than one Live program. Is the Windows installer is properly working on your computer.

To resolve your issue follow the simple steps given below:
    • Uninstall GFWL client (both Games for Windows - Live and Games for Windows - Live Redist)
    • Open C:\WINDOWS\system32 64-bit systems: C:\WINDOWS\system64) and see whether these files are deleted or not in your PC: xlive folder, xlive.dll, xlive.dll.cat, xlive.pdb, xlivefnt.dll
    • Install the newest version of GFWL
    • Turn off your anti-virus software as well as Firewall
    • If you are connected behind router then ensure that it is set-up appropriately.
    • Run the section 8 in windowed mode via steam.