Thread: Unable to Login in Game for Windows Live due to changed gamertag and Existing CD-key

Unable to Login in Game for Windows Live due to changed gamertag and Existing CD-key

I have recently bought a game from retailer which include a Games for Windows Live multiplayer or online player feature and activated my CD-key. After the completing activation I closed (deleted) the email accounts which as a registered CD-key on it. After that I recreated the email-account and tried to open a GFWL account in game using same email once again. But while creating it prompts me that the current product key you have inserted has already exist and registered by other Live account. Then I noticed that my gamertag also had changed. How could this be possible even I had manually deleted my previous account? Now I can’t play the game via online and it is still tied together with my old closed account. How can I backup or retrieve my CD-key? Is this is not possible then provide some tips about alternative way? I will be waiting for your reply. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: Unable to Login in Game for Windows Live due to changed gamertag and Existing CD-key

I think that you are not aware about the terms of use and policy in Games For Windows Live client to facilitate the multiplayer feature. Once you have entered or registered the CD-key in GFWL account you cannot retrieve it back again. If the gamertag is not changed then I think there might be a chance to retrieve back your CD-key. For this you need to contact the Microsoft. Because they are the one who are running the GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE client. If the gamertag has already changes then it is too hard to find your key.

Re: Unable to Login in Game for Windows Live due to changed gamertag and Existing CD-key

I think that it is not the account which is creating the issue; I think it is about your system itself. It may be possible to go online on GFWL if you delete everything related to the account or profile in your system along with other cache.
    • First of all make note that the steam is not active in your computer.
    • Using your favorite browser login to Live account.
    • Then using appropriate option delete or close the account.
    • Once you get the confirmation close the browser and delete all the cache, temporary files, Cookies, history etc.
    • Uninstall the game and make sure that no files left related to game.
    • Now Restart computer and Install the game.
    • At last set up your Live account correctly.

In order to use GFWL service or account you need 2 main things and they are Windows Live/Hotmail account and a linked Xbox Live account. So for your issue you will need to do several things. First of all you have to manually close the hotmail account. Then by calling Xbox Live service you need to tell them to disable your account. The problem in Xbox Live service is if you are located in non supported country then they will not going to response you anyway. Finally you need to clear up all your system data which is related to game, steam and GFWL and re-set them once again. I hope that this process will help you.

Which ID did you use to create Live account? Did you use the same ID to recreate another account? I think that it is possible to create account 2 times using same Email ID incase if you deleted previous one also. The GFWL keeps the tracks of all the accounts if it has still deleted or closed. This is because to provide a service to a single user using his unique ID only. You cannot register twice using same ID.