Thread: Unable to run counter strike 1.6 in full screen

Unable to run counter strike 1.6 in full screen

I have a dell vostro 1040 laptop with Intel core i3 processor.I am game addict and i love to play action games so i have recently i have installed the Counter strike 1.6 video game on my system. But the saddest thing here is that i am not able to run the game in the full screen mode. I don't know what is wrong with it, if any ever has faced this problem then please let me know how to solve this issue. I guess it is the compatibility issue and if yes then please show me the exact system requirements of this game.

Re: Unable to run counter strike 1.6 in full screen

I think there may be an compatibility issue in this case. So please make sure that your system satisfies all the requirement of this game. So here are the system requirement for counter strike 1.6:
    • Processor:500 mhz processor,
    • RAM-96mb
    • Video card-16mb video card,
    • Operating system-Windows 2000/XP/ME/SE,
    • Mouse,
    • Keyboard,
    • Internet Connection

Just go through the above system requirement which are the minimum that you require and if you don't have the same then make the possible changes required

There is no issue with the system that you have. I think the issue here is with the video card of yours. what you have to do here is that just try and use any other video card and see whether the game work as you want or not. If the game runs in the full screen mode then there is definitely a problem with the graphic card that you are using so just replace it with the new one. If you are not able to get the full screen view than just try and press ALT+ ENTER together. And see to it whether it works.

I have gone though this problem and it seems to me that i can help you in this case. When you start the game you have to click on "option" that will open a interface where you will find display just select that and then adjust the resolution as per your requirement. I am sure that it will help you to get maximum resolutions. Here are the proper steps that will let you to do the same:
    • First of all run the game.
    • Then you have to select the Option button
    • After that select display option
    • Then set the resolution as you want
    • I will recommend you to select the maximum resolution.