Thread: What is Antipiracy 2.5 for xbox

What is Antipiracy 2.5 for xbox

I am using xbox 360 for quite some time now and I am used to all the features of the xbox till now. But recently I have heard that xbox contains some Antipiracy (AP) feature that is inbuilt in it. I have used almost all the tabs and features of xbox but still couldn't find where exactly this lies. So can any one help me to find out the AP for xbox. I would be very thankful for whom so ever comes up with the solution.

Re: What is Antipiracy 2.5 for xbox

Hey this is not a feature but a kind of methodology which is integrated in the xbox 360, to know whether you are using pirated CDs for playing the games. This helps us to reduce piracy as the device will not detect and play the pirated games. Whenever we insert the game CD, the xbox will automatically do the security scans and will detect whether the disk is pirated or not. If it is then we wont be allowed to run the CD on the xbox 360. This is very useful and beneficial as far as the games CDs distributors are concerned.

AntiPiracy (AP) is like a list of security checks that Xbox 360 Bios performs before booting the disk. Xbox 360 optical drives gives the information of the scan to the AP which then analyze the information and determines the disk's Legitimacy.Thus whenever we insert the CD for running the game, the xbox will first scan the disk against the list of securities and then will decide whether the CD is pirated or not. This has really given a boost to the developers of the game CD as the number of piracy has been released and users will have to buy the original CD.

Hey even I have heard about this and really it is very exciting feature to have in the device itself. Now any one who will bring pirated CD to play will not be allowed to play the game on the xbox 360. I am a game distributor and also happy to know about this as now the sales of the original game CD will be increased since users wont have any other options besides buying a new game CD. I just would want to know are there any other benefits of having this feature. Also, what can be done to extend this feature to make it more effective.

Well first of all I would like to tell you that you cannot just have this option available to all the xbox 360 except the new ones. So if you have to really use this option, then you have to upgrade the Xbox live to update their dash board which also includes kniect support. This will install the new version of Antipiracy (AP) 2.5 version and the you will be able to make use of this piracy option on your xbox 360. This feature has boosted the distributors in increasing the sale as well as demolish the piracy done by the users. I don't know about any further advancement in this but you can come to know by searching in the web.

Well first of all I would like to tell you that you cannot just have this option available to all the xbox 360 except the new ones. So if you have to really use this option, then you have to upgrade the Xbox live to update their dash board which also includes kniect support. This will install the new version of Antipiracy (AP) 2.5 version and the you will be able to make use of this piracy option on your xbox 360. This feature has boosted the distributors in increasing the sale as well as demolish the piracy done by the users. I don't know about any further advancement in this but you can come to know by searching in the web.