Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of duty Black Ops pc Save game location and download

Call of duty Black Ops pc Save game location and download

Hello, Can anyone upload their save game file of Cod Black Ops here. The problem that I am facing is that everytime I quit the game after completing some chapter and then launch the game after 2-3 hours, I am not able to continue or resume the game. There are no options in Campaign mode to either Load game or resume game till where I have played. Is this some kind of bug in this game? I even noticed that, it is not saving any files in the folder: C:/Docs and settings/username/appdata/local/activision/. The folder here is empty, without any save files. So does this means that this game has a game saving problem or am I wrong. Thanks for any ans.

Re: Call of duty Black Ops pc Save game location and download

Actually, the Call of Duty Black Ops Save game location is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\players\save". As I have completed all the missions of this game, I will upload this save game file here for users who are facing save issues. Also, first download a tool called winzip to extract the save files, then download another extraction tool called FreeArc and install it and then extract the players.arc file. Just copy and paste and overwrite this save game file in the same folder mentioned above.

If the save game files are not present in the program files folder then it must be listed in the folder called: C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty – Black Ops\players. Even if it is not there, then you might be able to find the save file in the - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\players\save folder. You see, we have to run Steam in the background to play this game and therefore, all save files are located in the Steam folder itself, some monopoly by Steam I must say.

There is way to bypass the bug faced evertime when you play and reach at a certain mission and then quit the Call of duty Black Ops game and after some time when you launch the game again and get no "Resume Game" option. Simply, click on the Campaign mode in the main menu and you will come across with options to play new game, intel, and level select I suppose. Then press Escape button on your keyboard and go to the main menu of the game again, this time again click on Campaign mode and you would be then able to notice the "Resume Game" options listed in this screen. Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by romsy View Post
    Actually, the Call of Duty Black Ops Save game location is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\players\save". As I have completed all the missions of this game, I will upload this save game file here for users who are facing save issues. Also, first download a tool called winzip to extract the save files, then download another extraction tool called FreeArc and install it and then extract the players.arc file. Just copy and paste and overwrite this save game file in the same folder mentioned above.
    help!!!! I'm running windows 7 and I can't locate the save folder...
    What I am supposed to do with a file named "config" ?
    ROMSY are your save files include ALL missions completed ?

Quote Originally Posted by losanto13 View Post
    help!!!! I'm running windows 7 and I can't locate the save folder...
    What I am supposed to do with a file named "config" ?
    ROMSY are your save files include ALL missions completed ?
    Are you running the game on Steam? The save folder file for Call of duty Black Ops is located in "C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty – Black Ops\players" as mentioned by ninja-x in his post. And yes, this save game file is completed with all missions unlocked in normal mode. The config file was located in the players folder with the save folder so I dont know whether it is to be copied or not, but in any case try to overwrite all files in the player folder.

mario is correct,just follow his instruction ang yull get wat u want,lolz.thanks mario

Thanks to Mario,

Finally managed to save games through your help.Has been driving me crazy for last 2 weeks.

Thanks again

ThumbsUp Re: Call of duty Black Ops pc Save game location and download

Thank you very much Mario2. Your method worked. I was desperately trying to get this thing fixed. But all that was required was this simple

Exclamation

i have downloaded the save but how can i open ARC file plz give me the freearc software

hurry up i am waiting to play final stage of call of duty black ops

Quote Originally Posted by sarim_123 View Post
    i have downloaded the save but how can i open ARC file plz give me the freearc software

hurry up i am waiting to play final stage of call of duty black ops
    You need to download the freearc software from here and install it on your machine/computer. After installation download the save game files from this thread and save it to your desktop. Right click on the save game file and choose option "Extract here" and the save game file will be extracted on your desktop. Simply overwrite the save game file in your Call of duty Black Ops save game location.

het is jammer dat de links van de savegame zips niet werkt ?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead.nl View Post
    het is jammer dat de links van de savegame zips niet werkt ?????????????
    Hey buddy, sorry to say but this is English Forum with over all English Users. We are unable to understand your language. Please translate and post again in English Language.

A fan made LEGO Black Ops video... now THAT's dedication!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicster View Post
    A fan made LEGO Black Ops video... now THAT's dedication!
    That is a very good fan made video. I wonder if Call of duty series or same type of FPS games in future would come in LEGO types of game. It would be funny, no doubt, but the real action of FPS will be lost. Games like Harry Potter and Batman can suffice in this category but not the COD's or different FPS games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast