Thread: Question about the Xbox360 and external hard drive.

Question about the Xbox360 and external hard drive.

There are so many people that uses Xbox 360 plus. I have a question about Xbox 360 that 500GB USB external hard drive cause any problem if connect into my Xbox. Is I transfer all movies to playable format that 360 uses normally, would it possible to just play digital format of all DVD’s and other format. Any other format that I can use to play at any time and is this possible to convert this format to playable format, if you have any idea about this please share with me. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Please help me man.

Re: Question about the Xbox360 and external hard drive.

If you add some extra hard drive to your Xbox 360 will gives you more capacity to store that items, you can control over it in your way and as per your requirement. With Xbox hard drive you can’t load content, but you can do this by ripped DVD and CD. It has some capacity load but you can increase your space to store any movie collection by attaching external hard drive.

Yes you can convert by any converter and you can watch in your other system. to fix this you can convert your format to .AVI file format. This file is can be supported by the Xbox 360 but it has some limitation to conversion, that file must be converted into .avi or .DIVx, its video bitrates must be 5MBPS with the resolution 1280 x 720at 30 fps, Audio format must be Dolby Digital 2 channel or the 5.1 channel. So try to convert your file format to AVI and it sure that is give you better quality over your video and you may satisfy by this solution.

This Xbox accept external hard drive if it has FAT32 system file format. If you have this system format you can easily use its feature, you can do this by simply using the PARTION MAGIC or by other window format. You can covert format to H.264 file format, this is the best because it gives high definition resolution video, for this you must convert this file to .mp4, .mkv, .mov, etc, video must be at baseline or high and main profiles and must has resolution 1920 x 1080 at the 10MBPS and not special requirement for the audio bitrates. So try this file form at which help you to come out from this kind of mess.

--- You can do this means you can use any external hard drive to back up all your data means movie from the Xbox. This portable device actually allows you to store that supported file to take back for use at any time. So don’t get panic for this device you can convert any file and can play it on other system. So think over this suggestion and fulfill your need.

You can convert any file into the Xbox file supported format, after converting you may able to watch any video on your Xbox. Xbox also support WMV (VC-1) format which is compatible to Xbox. For this conversion you have to convert a file that must have file extension of .WMV, you must convert as WMV7 (WMV1), WMV8 (WMV2), video rate must want for this file is 15 MBPS with the resolution 1920 x 1080 at 30 fps (file per second) and for the audio bit rate there is no restriction at all. Try this conversion format will help you out from this kind of mess.