Thread: Error in running StarCraft II

Error in running StarCraft II

Hello friends yesterday I had brought StarCraft 2 for playing as I am a total game lover. However for some reason I was not able to play the game yesterday as I was very busy. Today when I started the game to check if it is properly working or not I found that the game refused to play due to some error. When I started the game it was running fine for a while but suddenly, it got freezed and I had to reboot the system. This is the original CD that I have brought from the shop owner and I dont think so that there are any sort of problems on the CD. So please can any one help me to know why is this happening and what can be done to solve this.

Re: Error in running StarCraft II

Hey what exactly is happening when you are trying to run the game on the pc, its just that its getting freeze or you are getting any messages before the game is about to freeze. Also, you have mentioned that you have brought the CD from the owner you know very well, but I think that you should check the game Cd by running on a different system of either your friend or your relative and see it is working or not. Also, its better if you provide me with your system configuration as I can guess what is the problem. Also, is this the first time that you are running this game on your system or that you have tried it before. I think the game usually hangs if there is not enough memory to run the game.

Hey do you have graphics card installed into your system. If not than i don't think so that StarCraft will run on your system. StarCraft 2 is usually a very high resolution game and it requires that you have a very high configuration system with you to play the game. If your system doesn't have the minimal requirement that is required by the game than it is sure that the game wont run on your system. So if you really don't have a graphics card installed into your system than you must have it before playing the game. Also,be sure that you have enough memory in your computer system to play the game smoothly. If you have all this criteria cleared than you will surely not have any problem in playing the game.

Hey thanks both of you for your instant reply, my system configuration is as follows.
    • Samsung XL2370 LED 1080p
    • Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8 GHz
    • G.Skill Ripjaw 4GB DDR3 1600
    • 360 GB harddisk
    • Windows 7 64-bit

I even have a graphics card installed into my system so considering the above facts it is clear that it is not my system problem. Unfortunately I cannot check the game CD on different system. Also I do have enough memory for this game to run. I think that the problem is related to some sort o setting in the game or on the system, So can any one help me to find the problem.

Hey why don't you reinstall the game and see if it works for you or not. I think that while installing some of the files might have went missing so reinstalling the game can solve your problem. Also, its better to try installing the game with different CD as the CD which you have brought might not be proper. So go to the shop owner and tell him to replace the CD. Since you have mentioned in the post that there could be some kind of problem with the game setting so I guess that there is some kind of ultra setting in the game which requires it to be setup properly before you can go on to play the game. So go into the settings and see if you find something which is not allowing the game to be played smoothly.

Hey do you have all the drivers that are needed by your system that requires to play the game. Starcraft II and many more games , tend to rely a lot more on the CPU and its features. Also you should have the ultra setting of the game set to this.
    • Shadows: Low
    • Lighting: Low
    • Resolution: Medium

You might not be having this kind of setting which is compatible with your system and which is causing the error in the game. So first you have to make yourself available with all the sources that are required to run the game.