Thread: How to run Call of Duty Black Ops on the AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz?

How to run Call of Duty Black Ops on the AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz?

I have this game and I just want to play this on the system of mine. Well the thing is that I have seen the minimum system requirements and I think that it is too high on the same. I can see that this game requires the AMD Phenom X3 and it is really high on demand. I just want to know if there is way to reduce it. Well I have the AMD Athlonx2 Dual Core 5400+ and can you all help me with this. I want to have this game run on my AMD Athlonx2. Please is there any way by which I have this game for me. I will be really happy if some one can come up with the suggestions.
    Last edited by Faunus; 13-11-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Re: How to run Call of Duty Black Ops on the AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz?

Well it is nice that you have read the minimum system requirements for this game and I think that there is no way by which you can have the shortcut for the game so that it can run on your system am really sorry to say, but you will have to have the minimum system requirement criteria fulfilled so that you can have the game for you. Well you can try playing the game on the minimum settings if you want but I do not think that by doi8ng that you will be able to enjoy all the features of the game, and hence I will suggest you to have the said things. Well give a try to the minimum settings and see if you can have the game running. Also in addition to that I want to tell you all that there can be lag issues as well.

I am also in complete agreement with what Adnosis has just mentioned. Well in order to enjoy all the features of the game you will have to get the minimum criteria fulfilled or you can find yourself in trouble. Well to play the game and to play the game with all the features is all together different thing, if you only want to have the game then you can try it on with the minimal settings, but that is thing that I would not prefer for. Also in addition to that I would like to say that there is nothing that we can do here, if at there is someone that can do is then it is the Treyarch. Well all you can do is hope that Treyarch would come up with some sort of patch so that the problem can be solved.

The minimum system requirement that is said for the game is:
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
    • Memory: 12 GB free hard drive space / 2GB RAM
    • Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT / ATI Radeon X1950Pro or better

Well I think by increasing something and by decreasing the other you can have the Games working in your way. By saying that I mean to say that you are short on the processor, well in that case well I am not sure but if you can have more RAM on your side then the things might work in the manner that you desire for. So I would suggest you to do that and see if that works. Also in addition to that I would also like you to try the games in different settings i.e. with different visual settings.

Let me tell you all that I was able to run the game on my system. Well I have the MacBook Pro with me and in addition t o that I have the Windows Vista 64 bit running on it and the game really works on it in with the Maximum settings. Well the specifications that I have are as follows for my system and have a look at that:

• Processor: 2 x Intel 2.8GHz Quad-core 8800gt
    • RAM: 6 GB
    • Operating System: Windows Vista ultimate 64bit sp2 1680x1050 60 Hz

Well I just wanted to tell that I have the game and it is really working fine. Well if anyone has any doubt about the same then he can have the look at this.

Fannus well I just want to say that I have the same specification as your s and the game works with the smooth frame rates. Well there are issue like that the game freezes for 1 to 3 second but I think that you will be able to cope up with the freezing issue. In addition to that I just want to say that I have the GTX 470 and I have the RAM stick of 2GB. Well I am happy with the game. But the thing is that I will suggest you to have the AMD Phenom X3 instead of AMD Athlonx2. I think that you will have to make use of some tweaks so that you can have the solution for your problem as well. Hope that my suggestion would have helped you a little. In addition to that I would also like you to wait for the patch that COMMON was saying.

Well the idea of tweaking is really working fine in my case and I would suggest you to do the same. I would like you all to have a look at the specifications that I have:
    1. AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800 + 2.41 GHz
    2. EVGA 9800GT 1 GB
    3. 4 GB of RAM

Well the issue was that I was not able to play it that fine but when I tweaked a little I was able to play the game with less issues. I would suggest you to do the same. I have not found your specifications that different from me and hence would suggest you to give this a try.