Thread: Unable to connect with Battlefield Bad Company 2 in multiplayer mode

Unable to connect with Battlefield Bad Company 2 in multiplayer mode

I have setup a LAN network at my home. I have connected three computers with my network. I have also installed the Battlefield Bad Company 2 game on all the computers. The problem i am getting is that, when i try to join the game in multiplayer mode, then it gives me the message saying that “It cannot find any server ". I am does not have any idea related with this problem. So if anyone is having even some idea related with this issue, then try to help me out. Also please try to provide the solution as early as you can. Thanks.

Re: Unable to connect with Battlefield Bad Company 2 in multiplayer mode

I think that you are getting this problem because the windows firewall which is present in your system might be on and it might be blocking you game to get connected with the server. Check this out and if this is the problem, then you will require going through the following steps. You need to just press the alt key on your keyboard. After doing this a pop up will appear and it will ask you to disable the firewall. You need to press unblock there. Now try to join the game in the multiplayer mode. Hope it will help to you.

I think your problem is that you are not able to make the connection with the server. So in this situation i will suggest you to go to the right side, where the filters are present. Here you need to select Punkbuster, which will help you to show your server. You can also select Ranked and Hadcore. Even i have tried to select the same and it did work for me. So i will suggest you to try and do the same thing, as it might help you in solving your problem. If you require more help on this topic, then try to reply me back.

I have tried to select ranked, unranked and punkbuster. But after doing that i get the message as “Unable to make connection with EA online". I have checked my internet connection and it is working fine. Is there anything more which i have to do other than the above. Please try to reply to my query and also tell me why i am getting this error message. Finally I will like to thank you for your help.

I think that you are using the steam version on your system. In the steam version you do not need to update it, because it automatically gets updated. You need to select your region, as you do this, then the PB will get ticked and now it should work for you. Now try this and see what difference you get. Do not forget to reply me back.

I have a solution for this problem, as i have implemented the same solution with my problem and also i was able to solve it. You can go for refining the search, with the help of game mode selection. But you have to keep one thing in mind that, while doing this your PB has to be ticked, then only it will work for you. I think this solution will definitely solve your problem.

If you are using any kind of antivirus software on your system, then try to disable it or you can also remove it from your system. If this does not solve your issue, then i will advise you to plug you computer cable directly to the modem, if you have any router connected in between. You might also require adjusting port settings. Try these solutions which i have provided to you and see what output you get. I hope that it will help you. If you have any success regarding this, then try to reply me back.

Even i was getting the same problem. I have referred the above replies for getting some help. I tried to directly plug in the modem as it was connected via the router, but even after doing this i am still getting the same problem. As you have mentioned there to do some port setting, but would like to tell you that i do not have any idea regarding this. So if you have some idea related with this setting, then try to post it here and i will also like to thank you for you kind help. Please reply to this query.

You are getting this problem, because your game might not be updated. So i will recommend you to update your game to the most recent patch which is available on the internet. This might be the reason for your problem. So try to update it and then try to connect it in the multiplayer mode. I think that doing this might solve your problem.

I am also getting connection issue while playing the game. I am able to make the connection with the server and i can also play the game, but my problem is that when i try to play the game, then after some time it kicks me out and due to this the connection gets disconnected. I have tried to connect several times, but every time i connect it i get the same result. Is there anybody who can help me out on this particular problem? Please do help me out.