Thread: Heavy Lag due to weired system resource usage on Black Ops

Heavy Lag due to weired system resource usage on Black Ops

Does you notice lagging issue on Call of Duty Black Ops. I am facing that but not able to get out of that. What I did here is overclocked on my cpu and then playing the game. The game worked fine for some hours but not able to get the full performance. I played that for some continuous hours with regular lagging. I am playing in online and I have a respectable bandwidth. So I was thing that lagging will not be a issue. It is my server where I am running the game. They what are things that are coming in between. Not able to figure out this.

Re: Heavy Lag due to weired system resource usage on Black Ops

I am trying to clear out the issue why Call of Duty Black Ops is lagging while playing online. I had noticed the same issue when I play the game on single player mode. Does the game is not properly made or my antivirus, internet, etc. There is something I found which I want to share about the lagging issue of game. This is quiet common on multiplayer mode, so if you are playing in on a network then this is also for you. Here is my computer specification. I have a Intel Core 2 Duo processor. It is also called as some E6750 processor from Intel. I had overclocked it 3.8Ghz. For the ram support I have 4GB Ram and a 1GB GTX 460 graphic card. I had overclocked both my processor and graphic card. Now begins the action. I found not issue while playing Modern Warfare. I played that for long time and work best. But the same gets lagging on Call of Duty Black Ops. I am waiting for the Activision for making a update for that.

What I did here is I run a system monitoring tool. Now how this can help me ? Well at least I can get information what is happening in my system. I just want to keep a watch on the various application eating up my system resource. So that I can free up some of them to reduce the game lagging. Call of Duty Black Ops is an heavy graphic game which demands good system resources. Task Manager does not shows much information. In the monitoring tool I found that this game is more processor intensive. That means it needs more processing power. RAM is not an issue if you have 4GB which is more than enough. The conclusion here is upgrade my CPU and that what I don't like. I tried some graphic emulator but that does not provide a big deal.

System monitoring software can only tell the amount of CPU consumed by the game. It is true that the game needs good resources and one thing you are not mentioning is that you are overclocking you cpu. The game is well designed on its place. To get the optimum performance you are overclocking the cpu to an extent. First I will recommend you check that whether your system is stable to tolerate overclocking or not. The cpu gets extremely heated in that and there is the place where you need a good liquid cooling solution. You cannot blame all things on the game. There are other games too. It is possible due to the system files if the game or design which is not appropriately constructed. Have a look before on the overclocking thing.

After reading the above thing I found too that system monitoring can tell me what is the issue with the game lagging. Once is online then I can consider it is due to my bandwidth or load on server. But what about single player mode. Why the game is lagging in that. I have a Intel Core 2 processor which is overclocked above 3 point something Ghz. I do not go in much detail. Now check this what I got after system monitoring. I found that the games consume a very limited amount of my RAM. The RAM stays free mostly. But this is not in the case of CPU. The CPU usage goes upto 100% which really shocked me. There is no place left there and that makes the game lagging. Even after overclocking the game needs more resources. I checked this in normal mode without overclocking and the same thing is just the usage of ram goes a bit higher. I test this with other game like Lost planet but they work fine. I have a graphic card. So that gives me a clear idea that the game uses the cpu power more.

I found the reason to be valid at some extent about the lagging issue of game. But why this is in single player mode where you are not connected to any network or internet. That must play normally without issue even with minimal requirement. I had gone through various solution like driver update, re-installation, etc. Then my friend who already faced a lot of issue told me some processor which helped out. That is, run the steam first in offline mode. Once it is running and you can see the the process of steam.exe in task manager > processes launch Black Ops. Then go in Task Manager by Alt + Tab and end the process steam.exe. Play it you will find a major change in the lagging issue.