Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty Black ops no sound

Call of Duty Black ops no sound

I have successfully installed the Call of Duty Black ops. I was very happy till I came to know that there are no sounds in game.. I have tried to reset the settings and also kept the game volume at maximum level, still I am not able to hear any sound. Anyone hanging out there have find such issue? Please tell me some tips so that I can play with the sounds. Now I can play the game, but I am not enjoying it in mute condition. I don't have any sound issues while playing the other games. So I am sure that something is wrong with the setup DVD. Also share your experience about this game.

Re: Call of Duty Black ops no sound

I have just started playing the Call of Duty Black ops. Luckily, there is sound but the problem is that the game lags a lot. I think that there is something is wrong with the sound files of that game. Just try to install the game one more time. Reinstalling might fix the sound issue. If the problem is still persisting after reinstallation, then sure something wrong with the setup DVD. Otherwise, you can try to import the sound folder from Internet. I am not sure that will help you, but you can try that. Maybe it will help you.

Black OPS exceeded all my expectations. I have the game as of today, and I must say, I am absolutely speechless ..... I got goose bumps when I play ... The most important advance: The game is definitely not for children. The SCC-18 rating is more than justified. The violence in the 1 hour of single player mode is extremely slow. The graphics, the developers have outdone themselves once again in my view, Modern Warfare was great, but what one is offered here can nearly take your breath away .... unbelievable! The game controls are simple and easy for hardcore gamers to learn .... COD What is striking also are the arms of the state .... not as high as in Modern Warfare, but the game finally plays in the Cold War .... very cool made.

Yeah.. Even I think the same. Also a brutal thing is the mission which is set in Vietnam because it is violent to the point reacted very realistically. I personally went to the kidneys, mainly Wherefore, because many things happened so real has and now they are all but interactive catapulted into this hell. Whew! But Ok, CoD is not a game just to relax, here it is full to the point. Meanwhile, everyone should be aware of when he bought the game, CoD is a thoroughbred war game without compromise. A further example of attention to detail: You can hunt almost anything in the air, extremely realistic, comes across as at the jeep or trucks, which can in part from moving vehicles out of scraps in a thousand shot. What else is there to say? The only thing that the developers have succeeded here in a stroke of genius. It is my view right now nothing that can hold a candle to Black OPS. At least nothing that is currently on sale on the market. I say it because Call of Duty 3 is in the wings, one must be very curious to see if it creates the game to take the crown Black Ops. The bar is high in any case, damn high.

My personal expectation: Has not met. Has nothing special, is a warm-up old stories and the transposition effects, it does not have top views. To give an opinion and assessment, it is also important to the game experience and watching the market. Anyone who buys just the X Box and get the game will find it all Super, I was always on top, who is longer here, is getting tired again and again to play the same or similar. The multiplayer is solid as modernwarfare 1 and 2. Nothing new or better. Recommended only if you have enough money and it is a matter of price. Other buyers I say still waits until it is used or by the price goes down.

Thank you very much for your replies. It was the problem with the driver only. I downloaded and installed the latest driver as suggested above and this solves the problem to some extends. I am saying that because it increases the sound to a small amount but it still below my expectation from it. May be I am expecting more than it can give so I have to satisfy with this much loudness. Anyway thank you very much all again.

plzzz some one help me.... i cant hear the sound while playing call of duty black ops ..but in videos there is sound .. its just like the situation of the last comment ..and the game is sooo boaring without its sound ...am not excited while playing it that much

It is recommended that you must first update the drivers of your sound card or the sound support on your motherboard. For that you can check in Device Manager. Right click on My Computer and then choose Properties > then click of hardware > device manager. In that check for the sound and audio devices. If you have your driver installed properly then the issue is related to the game audio file. Check in option also that sound volume is set to full in the game.

I'm actually having the same issue, so whatever solution you come up with would be fantastic for me as well. But here is where mine gets weird... I've had the game since launch day, had sound, even yesterday, I had sound, but today, no sound whatsoever, and the game shuts itself down randomly. Doesn't minimize, it just shuts itself down, and I get a nasty little error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariix View Post
    I'm actually having the same issue, so whatever solution you come up with would be fantastic for me as well. But here is where mine gets weird... I've had the game since launch day, had sound, even yesterday, I had sound, but today, no sound whatsoever, and the game shuts itself down randomly. Doesn't minimize, it just shuts itself down, and I get a nasty little error message.
    What is the error message you are getting? It might be that after installing Cod Black Ops, the sound driver might have gotten corrupted. So try to reinstall it. What is your computer specifications by the way? Have you tried running the game in medium or low setting with no so full optimized sound? Actually the game is so laggy that it makes it hard even to me to hear any footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by mario2 View Post
    What is the error message you are getting? It might be that after installing Cod Black Ops, the sound driver might have gotten corrupted. So try to reinstall it. What is your computer specifications by the way? Have you tried running the game in medium or low setting with no so full optimized sound? Actually the game is so laggy that it makes it hard even to me to hear any footsteps.
    I have Windows 7, and I actually read a way on how to improve the frame rate by opening up task manager, and putting Steam on Low priority and Black Ops on High, which made everything run better.

I haven't gotten the error since I had steam redo the cashe for the game and fragment the files a bit, but still no sound. So I sadly don't recall what the error message was exactly, but it fell in the lines of "Black Ops didn't close properly last time, want to start is safe mode?" when I shut it down normally... Then I'd start it up, and it would just close with no message at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hsn25 View Post
    plzzz some one help me.... i cant hear the sound while playing call of duty black ops ..but in videos there is sound .. its just like the situation of the last comment ..and the game is sooo boaring without its sound ...am not excited while playing it that much
    first always update your sound card drivers to the latest ones

if you use Windows 7 or Vista, set the game's compatibility to Windows XP SP3

if you use Windows XP
    go to Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices
    under speaker settings choose advanced -> Performance
    Set the Hardware Acceleration to BASIC (move the slider two times to the left)
    set the Sample Rate Conversion to Good (all the way to the left)

I was actually about to resolve the issue simply by installing the latest driver for my motherboard's audio, started the game up after the restart and I had sound, so that's what I suggest.

There is another method to solve this sound issue, we just have to go to: Steam/Steamapps/Common/Call of duty Black Ops/Redist/DirectX
    and then LAUNCH DXSETUP.EXE

After the installation you should be able to play the game with the working sound.

Well, sadly enough I no longer have sound yet again, even with the newest drivers for my audio. I’ve tried every method to try to fix it, counting going into the PC preferences and messing around randomly in the sound stuff... So, what next?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast