Thread: Can Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 can be played on Windows 7

Can Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 can be played on Windows 7

I have the Roller Coaster Tycoon Three and I want to know how I can have that thing run on the Windows 7 that I am having at the moment. Well I use to play the Roller Coaster Tycoon Two and that was really awesome. With Windows 7 I think that it was not having any problem with that. Now I simply want to have the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 on the Windows 7, but the thing is that it is not getting over that. Well the installation of the game went really smooth on the Windows 7 but when I tried to launch the same an error was thrown saying that there was a Run Time Error. I do not know what this Run Time error is and I will be really happy if some one can tell me the reason for this. I actually used the icon that was on the Desktop to launch the game and I do not think that there is any sort of problem in launching the game from there. Any suggestion will be really appreciated.

Re: Can Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 can be played on Windows 7

Well I do not have any idea regarding the thing that you are talking at the moment. I am saying this because I have seen no problem with the game in my case. Well I was having the both versions of the Game viz. Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and that ran successfully on the Windows 7 System of mine. Also I want to tell you that I have seen the same game running in both the versions of the Windows 7 as well so I am completely blank on the thing that you are talking at the moment. It will be really nice if you can post me the code of the Run time Error that you are getting on the Screen. Well I am sure that after receiving the code I will be in a position to handle the error. Hope to see your post soon.

I just want to tell you all that the Game that you are trying to lay your hand on is corrupted when installation was going on, and I would simply suggest you to have the reinstallation of the Game on the system and see if that work in your favor. I think that this is the only way by which you will be able to get the game work on the Windows 7 platform. Please have a reinstall done and let me know if that really made the difference.

Well I am of the opinion that the game that you are using is not the official one and if that would have been the official then it would have run on the system without giving the error. Well I would also like to have the look on the Error Code that you are receiving at the time of launch of the game. Are you sure that the Game that you are having is official or have you borrowed the same from somewhere else. Please have a check for the same on the Official site and I am sure that they will let you know about the same if there is anything like that.

Sometimes the games that you download are not the file that will always work in the manner that you want to have. For an example the games that are downloaded from the torrents lack some of the features and hence might get come up with the errors like this. See that the games that you have are from the official sites and then only try for the things that you are up to. Hope that you will get the things in the right manner from the official site.

I have the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and it is successfully installed in the Windows 7 mode. Well in the start I was having the problem but the same was rectified with the installation of an update. Well I really had to take a lot of trouble for the updates to take play, as the update launcher was really not working at all. However the problem was solved with the updates that I downloaded manually. I am sure that the updates will help you in this particular scenario. Well get the updates for you and if you are finding trouble in updating the file then let me know I will give you the link for the same and also will assist you with the installation. Please let me know when you want that thing for you. Please let me know what is the bit version of the Windows 7 that you are having, at the moment.

I think that you will have to use the compatibility mode of the Windows so that the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 can run on your system. I have seen a lot of the post complaining about the same and the solution that really worked in their cases was the Compatibility mode and I am sure that it will really server you with your situation in a much better way. Try to get the compatibility of the Windows XP and try to launch the set up in that mode. Hope to see that the Game ran in the Compatibility mode. I will be really glad to see if that worked.

I just want you to have a look on the following threads that have the similar topic and issue and also they have the solution for the same. I am sure that the following thread will really help you to get out of the so called drastic situation of yours. Here are links : Rollercoaster tycoon crashes on Windows 7 64-bit and Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 in Windows xp