Thread: fallout new vegas install steam asks for a cd key

fallout new vegas install steam asks for a cd key

OK. I have been waiting for the day that Bethesda will release Fallout:New Vegas and finally the day has come. So I went to shop to buy brand new copy of game. The CD was packed along with the key which is attached inside the box. I thought that it was behind the manual as usual. I tried to take it out. Damn! It ripped. I felt like an idiot. After I went to home and tried to install it but it prompted me for CD key to continue steam installation. Is there trick to continue the installation?

I have gone through your problem and I have no idea about what you have done there & why? It’s stupid thing to play with the CD key which people eager to get that in any condition. I say only the best thing you can right now is return the CD to the retailer and they may give you a new one. I think this is the only option left right now.
    Last edited by Avikshit Sinha; 25-10-2010 at 11:49 AM.

You have done the very silly thing here. Everyone knows that without that valid key you can’t install the application to your system unless it is copyrighted. If you want to install the game properly, you will definitely need a valid key. In case if the installer import SID format there could be minimum possibilities. You may perhaps use any extraction tool for the extraction of file. Then you should need a crack to install the game. This crack process is kind of very inane.
    Last edited by Ransom; 25-10-2010 at 11:49 AM.

You made mistake by ripping your CD key which was a crown jewel of Fallout: new Vegas. The CD is copy protected. So you cannot continue without the valid key for steam installation. So I suggest you to contact the company for help. The company may give you key via email. The things you have to do is briefly explain the situation and also your tragedy and prove them that you have actually bought the CD.

I think you are a newbie. That’s why you made the terrible mistakes. The company of Fallout:NV has established that PC version will use Steam for its DRM( Digital Rights Management) . In order play the game you must have to install the steam. If you have ripped the CD then there will not be any problem. If you already have the steam, then you don’t need any CD or DVD for the game. You just need a key of that CD which will enable you to download the game without the disc.

Fallout:New Vegas game installation is depends on Valve’s Steam system. The retail of the game can able to download a copy on steam without any disc. The only thing you will need is a CD key from the retail copy. Without the CD key you can’t install the game through disc drive or via Steamworks. If you don’t have steam installed already on your PC you will need both steam and key to continue installation.