Thread: Game not available on Steam in Fallout New Vegas

Game not available on Steam in Fallout New Vegas

I have a desktop machine and I have installed Fallout New Vegas game to the system. The problem is that when I run the game on steam I get an error that the game is not available. I do not know what could have been causing the same. Please help me out so that I can make the game to be processed well without any problem and there should not be any issue while playing on steam. Also The Pre-load button has been replaced with the Play button finally and....Steam Error: Game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time. Hope to get a better solution so that I can make the changes to be performed. I use Windows 7 on my system and Nvidia 8800GTS graphic card.

re: Game not available on Steam in Fallout New Vegas

There is a better way through which you can make the changes to be sorted that is try to make the game to be reinstalled well and then function out as required. It will be helpful for you and work as needed. As it could be that the game may have some bug and this is the reason you are not able to function accordingly. In order to perform for the steps remove the game application and then get a fresh new copy of the same. I hope this will help you out and make the game to function as needed.

YOu have to process out by performing a troubleshoot for the system. As it is been doen you need to check out for the thing that is needed. Yuo may then be ale to get to a better solution. All you need to do is to exit and restart Steam. Now after this it is essential that Update All Drivers - including DirectX, PhysX, and Visual C++. Exit Steam and rename the ClientRegistry.blob and restart Steam. Now get out of Steam and delete everything under the Steam installation directory except Steam.exe, the ClientRegistryOld.blob, and the \SteamApps folder - this will force Steam to update when you log in. Complete the Verifying GCF Cache Files process to repair your game cache files. This error may be caused by having certain Steam files set to Read Only. To resolve this you need to Exit Steamand then navigate to the directory where you have installed Steam. (Typically C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files\Valve\.). Right-click on the Steam folder. Select Properties. Check the Read-Only checkbox and press Apply. Uncheck the Read-Only checkbox and press Apply. If this issue is only happening on a third party non-Valve game, please try launching the game's .exe directly from its installation folder: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\<Game Title>. You may also try other .exe's such as Launcher.exe in the game folder to see if a different error message is found. If the issue persists, it may be caused by a network configuration issue. So check for the issue as needed. It will be better and helpful.

I would suggest you to get the game to be processed or installed well by making the installation well under compatible mode. This will be better and the game may work get execute. It can be done well that is by right clicking on the installer.exe file of the game. Now as it is been processed you need to check out by functioning well that is under the properties tab choose Windows XP mode. Restart the system and then get the game to be executed. Also another way to make the same be performed is by running the system well under safe mode. Now make the installation of the game and then run the same under the mode. Hope this will be better. So do check for the thing.

Another way through which you can make the issue to be sorted is by functioning well. You have check out for the Direct X mode or the application that is been installed. So d process out which will be better. You have to make sure that by going to Start and then get access to the Control Panel. Now as it is been done you have to go to System and then to Advanced then to Performance and now check for Data Execution Prevention. Here you need to Select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services" and then Select "Add" to add Steam to the exception list. I hope this will be better for you and can then add up the game to the steam. This will then remove the error that you get.