Thread: "Fallout New Vegas will now detect your video hardware and set your video options accordingly" game wont start

"Fallout New Vegas will now detect your video hardware and set your video options accordingly" game wont start

Here is the problem I am getting with the Fallout game. I went to play screen and when I clicked on the play button and got the following message.

"fallout new vegas will now detect your video hardware and set your video options accordingly"

And after that I got the second message which was as follows:

"Video settings set to Ultra High Quality"

After that I again clicked on play button and I saw the same message again and again. I don’t know what is the reason for this pop up messages and how can I solve that issue. I need help Please tell me the solution. Here is the specification for my computer.

Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit
    Processor: i7 920 @2.67 Ghz
    RAM; 6.00 GB
    Graphis Card ATi HD 5880 series

Re: "Fallout New Vegas will now detect your video hardware and set your video options accordingly" game wont start

I think that .ini file in your case maybe read only. Just check that it should not be read only and if that is the case, then I am sure that you are facing this problem because of that. To fix this, you have to go to My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV and you will see the a file ini. Just right click on that and select the properties. Check for the readonly check box. If that is checked then you have to uncheck that save the settings by pressing OK button. Again try to launch the game and this time, I don’t think that you will get any such pop up messages.

Re: "Fallout New Vegas will now detect your video hardware and set your video options accordingly" game wont start

I am also facing the same issue with my computer. I have installed the Windows Vista - NVIDIA 9800 GTX. After reading the message it seems that it is the problem with the video setting. I tried to set that to high quality and again pressed the play button and this time again I got the same problem. I searched for the .ini file but did not found any such file on my machine. I want to ask you is that Windows 7 specific? There is a file named Fallout_default.ini but that is in some other folder and that is also not set to read only. Please suggest what I should do for that. Thanks.

No I don’t think that it is Windows 7 specific. I could not specifically locate Fallout New Vegas ini file. The only comparable things I could locate were the settings Low-Medium-High-Very High which are all ini files. I checked for all such files and made all of them not read only. After that when I started the game again and clicked on the play button, it starts the game without any issue and thereafter I did not got any such messages. I hope that it will help you in some manner to solve that problem. The most possible reason for this message is that that you have read only .ini file in your system. Just watch that out correctly.

I think that the game is not able to find identify the graphics solution for some reason. There are total three software that are interrelated, actually there are four if you have PhysX is part of the setup. Direct3d is very necessary for this and that does not matter that whether you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7. This should also have the Dx9 and recent Microsoft updates to Dx10 and Dx11 have disrupted Dx9. There is also possibility that the game may be corrupted. You should also check for that.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

There may also be problem with the graphic driver that you are using. It may be corrupted or it may not functioning properly and that is why it is showing you such pop up messages while starting the game. You should uninstall the driver and start it again and see whether the problem retains or not? If that also does not work then you can download the latest driver for it from internet and install that and it will definitely solve the issue if it is related to the driver. I hope that this will help you get out of this problem. Many of the time, updating the driver solves such problems completely. Good Luck!!!