Thread: Missing Sound solution in Fallout New Vegas

Missing Sound solution in Fallout New Vegas

I am having a laptop for doing my studies and some time even i play games on it. I have installed Fallout New Vegas game on my laptop. I am able to play the game properly, but i am facing the problem related with the sound. While i am playing the game i am not able to listen the sound from my audio device. Why i am getting thsi problem as the game is working fine on my laptop. IF any one knows how to solve this issue, then please help me as without the sound i don't like to play the game. I will be waiting for you supports please help me out.

Re: Missing Sound solution in Fallout New Vegas

I think you need to follow the following steps for getting your problem solved.
    - You need to press the key ctrl + alt + delete.
    - This will open the task manager.
    - Now you need to right click FalloutNV.exe
    - After that you will require to selest the Set Priority and High
    All this thing you need to do while running the game. Try this out, as it has solved my query, so it will also solve your issue.

I have solved my issue by trying the solution and fortunately it did solved my issue. But there is one problem i.e. i need to follow this solution every time i run the game. I don't now the reason why i am facing this issue. I am getting now irritated with this problem. So i would like to have some other solution which will really help me out. Can you provide me the one? I thank you for giving the previous reply.

I think that your problem is related with your audio driver. So you try this out as it may help you in solving the issue.
    • Go to control panel
    • -Remove the audio driver from there .
    • -Restart your system.
    • -Again install the driver on the system.

You can also try to update your audio driver and see what outcome you get after doing that try. I feel that this will really solve your problem.

I have tried the solution and it seems to solve my problem. I am now able to hear the sound from my audio device. This solution has put me in a new sort of problem. The problem is that the game is locking up for a period of 10 sec and it is happening after every 5 to 6 minutes. Do anyone know that why i am getting this one? The problem now has become even more tedious. If you have a fix for this, then please help me out as i am in very much need of it. I thank you for providing me the earlier reply.

Joined the forum just to provide this fix, as I was looking for a solution after installing some mods.

This is kinda a shaky solution as it permanently sets the game to one processor, but it seemed to fix this for me. It made me afraid to think of getting like a 200 sound backlog that would crash when all sounds play at once so I worked out this fix.

SET FALLOUTNV.EXE TO COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR WIN 95

Open up your game folder in steam or program files.
    Right click falloutnv.exe
    click properties
    click compatibility tab
    click run in compatibility mode for win 95
    (also disabling visual themes helps the game run more stable while you are there)

Also, I use NVSE and FOMM and the compatibility change still applies when accessing the program through other launchers.

Hope this helps guys. The FFdshow fix did nothing to help it.

This post was copied from my other topic in this forum. I did so as it may help in this case too.
    Last edited by mrmaskdj; 04-01-2012 at 08:39 AM.