Thread: Game breaking problems with Steam in Fallout New Vegas

Game breaking problems with Steam in Fallout New Vegas

I usually play game on my system and the game which i play is Fallout New Vegas. I am getting the problem that, the stream is destroying all the saves which are being made by me. From yesterday all the game which i have saved are being lost. I don't have any idea on how to solve this issue, So i would like to take your help on this problem. Due to this problem my 10 hours of gaming is being lost and i am feeling very much frustrated. I hope that you will give me the reply, so thanks.

Re: Game breaking problems with Steam in Fallout New Vegas

I think that, the Steam has nothing to do with the saving system. The saving part is not being Handled by the steamworks. I think you problem might be related with the graphic card, so i will advice you to do the following things with your graphic card.
    1. -First shut down your system.
    2. -Then remove the graphic card from the slot.
    3. -After that wait for a while and then again reinsert the graphic card in it.
    4. -Now start the system and see what you get.

I hope it will help you in fixing your problem.

I think that your saves might not be destroyed, it might be places some where else, because even i was getting the same issue and i fell that all the save point are being lost, but it was not the case. I founded the game at different path and different place. I am providing you the path you can try going there. You will have to go to C:\Users\"User Name"\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves. At this point you will get the saved game. I fell that, it will solve your problem as well.

Even i ma also getting the same problem with this game. This problem has cause me to play the whole game again and i have wasted approximately 15 to 16 hours in this. I would like to know that do the problem is caused due to the stream or is there some other cause for this problem? If any one of you have a solution for this issue, then please help me out. I am looking to solve this as early as i can, so i am open to any advice related with this. Please help.

I have tried the solution and it is now working well. I followed the one which is given by WinDoWLoCuS. First i removed the graphic card from the slot and then again i reinserted the card in the slot. Now when i am playing the game, then i am able to see the save points. Now i am very much happy as my problem is being solved. So will recommend even others to try this one. I give my thanks to WinDoWLoCuS for giving such a nice reply.

I followed the solution given by Windowed. The place where you suggested me to check the saved games was really consisting of it. When i followed all the path and finally when i opened the last folder i was shocked. Here i was able to see all the save points. I want to really thank you for giving this solution. I want to ask one thing that from where have you got this solution. Even i have tried the solution given by WinDoWLoCuS and surprisingly what i found that, even this solution is working foe me. So i will like to give my thanks to both of you for spending your precious time in giving me a solution.
    Last edited by Linux-Us; 22-10-2010 at 11:30 AM.