Thread: Punkbuster Install Error issue with Medal of Honor

Punkbuster Install Error issue with Medal of Honor

I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7. The problem is with the game to be joined under server. Server browser opened fine. Upon joining a server, notified that Punkbuster must be installed to play. Selected OK. Sat at "Joining >>>" screen forever. Had to shut down via task manager. Noticed that neither PunkbusterA or PunkbusterB were running. Uninstalled Punkbuster using the E:\Support\Punkbuster\pbsvc_moh.exe. Reinstalled using the same. Received Pbsvc_mohError that is Failed to copy the file 'E:\Support\PunkBuster\pbsvc_moh.exe' to 'C:\Windows\system32\pbsvc_moh.exe' (error 5: access is denied.) Please help me out for sorting the change. It will be helpful.

Re: Punkbuster Install Error issue with Medal of Honor

There is desired solution for the thing which will then let youy to get to concluioon that will resolve the issue you are facing. You can use the following command lines to install Punkbuster manually. To get your command prompt, type in "cmd" in your Windows 7/Vista search bar or if you're using XP, click "run" and then type "cmd". You'll need to first switch to the folder that has the PunkBuster .EXE file in it before trying to run it,bsvc_moh.exe --language=<LANGUAGE>--install-dlls=<MP_INSTALL_FOLDER>. <LANGUAGE> = en, fr, de, es, it, ru, pl <MP_INSTALL_FOLDER> = Folder where the MP folder resides, i.e. “C:\Program Files(x86)\Medal of Honor\MP”. For eg: pbsvc_moh.exe --language=en --install-dlls=“C:\Program Files(x86)\Medal of Honor\MP.” Is suppose this will surely help you out for sorting the thing that is required. Now as it is been performed there is another aspect that you can perform is by following the aspects which is needed. So check out.

You can make the desired change which will be better. All you need to do is to perform the task which is essential and can function out well for the thing that is required. It will be better that you try to perform a reinstallation. I have done the same. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled in which the installer chose to install right back to the original directory where I had first installed it and did not prompt me for any optional installs such as PB. So as it is been done the application was then able to get work. Check out. This will be helpful.

Another aspect through which you are not able to make the implementation well to be sorted is by functioning the task that is required. All you need to do is to get the aspect to be processed by installing the game well under compatible mode. You can hence function out well for the change that is essential and make the amendments to be worked. This will be better and you can then process out for the feature which will help out. Right click on the installer of the game and then install under Windows XP compatible mode under the properties.

There is a way by processing or making the system to be processed under a clean boot. You have to make sure that is to first click on start menu option and then under the searchbox type msconfig and hit enter. Now you need to disable the service by choosing Hide all Microsoft service under the selective startup tab. As this is done restart the system and install the application. Look for the output.

Safe mode option is another best way for making the game to respond well to the same. Press F8 key while booting the system and as the mode is been processed the system will start in safe mode. You may now install the application well under the same and then restart the system under normal mode. Now follow the fix mentioned in second post and check the output. It will let you to get a better solution then.

I am having error C:\Windows\system32\pbsvc_moh.exe' with win xp
    how do i fix this?

Well, its really an annoying error with Medal Of Honour. Anyways, what you can try is go to C:\Windows\System32 folder. Now go to properties and click on Security tab . Here you need to ensure that you have given full control to Administrator. In addition, you can add your definite username to the properties with complete control and try that out.