Thread: Myst III Exile DVD on Intel Macs?

Myst III Exile DVD on Intel Macs?

Hello
    I recently bought the Myst 10th Anniversary DVD set, where contains the game file of the Myst III: Exile in the version of 1.27. I run the game on my HP computer with the windows 7 operating system along with that the processor is the Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz. I successfully install the game and can able to run it smoothly. The graphical look is good in the system. The problem is while it flashes a message that should be to release the virtual memory to run the game; it shows in the release note of the game. Since the HW of my machine is beyond of the release of the game. Anybody have any solution for the issue?

Re: Myst III Exile DVD on Intel Macs?

The problem might be for the Exile file the game that you have in the DVD , because this is a PPC program based game the processor that you are using is the Intel, for that you may got the performance. In most of the games it will happen Exile is one of them. The virtual memory that you create for the mount of the game which might not be configured with the game. Also make sure that all the settings of the game are properly configured.

There is simple procedure to install the MYST III: EXILE from the 4-disk into a MACBOOK machine. I did this with the following steps and it installed in my Apple MAC machine without any error, also not giving any problem while I run the game. Insert the disk of the game into your CD drive and then double click on the set up file installer from the disk. Follow the first few instructions to install the game, up to this is common in every type of the operating system support machines. Now to run the game you need a patch file it will come with the version of the game, check the game version and search the desired patch file into internet, download the patch file and install it into your machine. Also like to recommend you to install the "M3OSX1.sit", now you extract the Myst 3 OS X and Bink Carbon Library from the M3OSX1.sit file and then placed the entire file into a desired folder. And delete the older folder. That one is not needed to run the program into OSX.

I successfully run the game into my computer, after that I re-format the hard disk where I installed the game, and for that I also re-install the game in the computer. I have a DELL computer which runs in the Windo9ws Vista 64-bit operating system environment. While I take the second installation into my computer the set is not launching the installer to install the game. Then is imply insert the Disk of the game and then drag the set up file into the drive of the computer and then run the installer file and installed the file with out mount the game disk, so I suggest you to remove the mounted drive from your computer and just install the game from the installer file from the disk, it will might be not give you any problem

Similar issue with my Apple MAC BOOK pro it not permits me to play the game, Myst III: Exile, but after the installation it’s not responding good while I tried to run the game into my MACBOOK. Then one of my friend tell me that it might be a wrong installation problem, I re-install the game again but it still not running. I also update the graphic driver into a latest version. But it still gives me the same error information. The virtual drive that I made for mount the game, is also working fine, because I test it by installing another game into the same machine, which gives no problem. After the mount of Myst III: Exile it does not install the game in the proper way. I searched everywhere to find any solution but found nothing. What should I do to run the game into the MACBOOK machine?