Thread: Grand Theft Auto IV doesn't detect my USB PC Controller?

Grand Theft Auto IV doesn't detect my USB PC Controller?

I just installed Grand Theft Auto IV on my computer and I want to play via USB PC controller. It is just similar to PS2 controllers. When I plug it with my computer it does not support it while it works with other games. I have changed its controller configuration but it is just working with keyboard. So my question is; does it run with XBOX controller or I have to install any special driver or something else? Please help me…..

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV doesn't detect my USB PC Controller?

My brother was also trying to use USB controller to play games but on GTA IV, he was getting error, while his keyboard was working properly. I do not think so that there is any driver which will support this arrangement. But he tried latest patch and I think so now he is not facing any problem. You should also try latest patch 1.0.3.0. I hope it will help your game to detect your controllers.

Thanks for your suggestion but I am not seeing any solution in this suggestion. I have installed latest patch 1.0.3.0 but it did not help me out. I changed some setting and I even on direct input option but still GTA 4 is not detecting my controllers. I am connecting them via generic USB controller. I do not where the problem is. Those are working with other games but I do not what wrong with GTA IV.

GTA IV works with Xbox 360 controller while you are using just similar. You only written there that they are not original controller. I think so this is the only problem. Games is installed properly because it is working on keyboard and it’s prove that you can not point ur figure for Game. You have to buy new original Xbox 360 controller and try them and I am sure they will change your problem.

No need to buy new Xbox controller. You can use those controller but you have to install some new drivers. Install PS3 controller driver and then restart your PC and try to use these controller with GTA4 game. If you have any doubt then search for guide which will explain you how to use controller with PS3 drivers. I hope you will be able to search everything from internet.