Thread: StarCraft 2 Ultra settings in Graphic Card

StarCraft 2 Ultra settings in Graphic Card

Change for me after some time the recommended graphics settings 2 for StarCraft. First, it is recommended to stake everything on ultra. But after a few days, is recommended in certain options suddenly put them down. This would not be so bad, only runs from SC2 since there is not even proper graphics (fps are less, and it feels generally very "sluggish" on). The strange thing is, a buddy has the exact same computer as me (same hardware, same operating system), and he has no such problem. I had reinstalled SC2 probably know this as well back then threw a couple of days, but then we went all over again. It's always the same points, which is recommended to adjust the graphics settings down. And those:
    • Lighting quality (at first "ultra" recommended / after a while "low")
    • Shadow quality (the beginning, "ulta" recommend / after a while "low")
    • Post processing quality (at first "ultra" recommended / after a while "medium")
    In the beta I had this problem even once. Could it be that my graphics card is damaged?

Re: StarCraft 2 Ultra settings in Graphic Card

Is this new to you, or have you seen at the beginning simply by not only all the extra options? For me the setting for the overall visual quality "Ultra", then he puts everything on "ultra", but some sub-options are supposed to be as recommended by the game, "Low". I guess it is with you as well. For me, however, be joined by occasional crashes that I could minimize by adjusting the graphics settings at least.

Thanks for replying me soon.. For all "options under" is at the beginning, they recommended to put on Ultra. Reducing the graphics settings have no effect. As you can see from my profile I have a Powercolor 4890PCS + extends it. As I said yes n buddy has the exact same computer, and he has no such problem!! I have tried to do many things but nothing is going my way.

I think it should first be clarified whether a software or a hardware problem. So the problem occurs with other games? Or has your computer only SC2? How are your temperatures of 4890, which is indeed sometimes like a little hot? You could also run 3D Mark Vantage times let you see the times What about the general performance out with you. And a screenshot of GPU-Z would not be bad. Would obviously be best Vantge and GPU-Z screenshots one before and one image for it.

SC2 actually "runs" on machines suitably modest but if you can not do anything during the phases of combat because it falls to 10 fps AC useless (especially since it is these phases that require more micro management). Personally, I find it interesting that a benchmark test on the machine behavior during a highly charged battle rather than a benchmark on the first 2 minutes of a game with 10 units at the screens ... The antialiasing food resource much about this game anyway, hopefully blizzard will offer the option directly into play one day, or that manufacturers will offer drivers to correct this minor defect. Having said that aliasing is not very visible in game and is particularly bothersome during the cinematics of the solo mode.