Thread: How do I make my xbox 360 pc controller work with all my games

How do I make my xbox 360 pc controller work with all my games

Few days back i bought my xbox 360. I am happy with this xbox 360. I dont have any issue with it . But I want to know one thing that whether i will able be to use my xbox 360 pc controller with all my games. Can i use this xbox 360 controllers with all the games i play. Please suggest me some solutions for this....

Thank you in advance......

Re: How do I make my xbox 360 pc controller work with all my games

I am not sure but I know that there are USB adaptive ones that you can buy and try to connect the controller for any type of games. And if that is what you have, then you can have it directly but it may be under the settings menu and under controls? So you just have to look for the settings inside it...............

Hey guys there is a good news for you all....
    I just discovered that we can play all games via the controller on the pc.
    You just need to download Xpadder version 5.6....
    Right now i am playing Gears of war and GTA IV on my pc using the controller it feels just like the console.
    Every game will work but u just have to calibrate every game for example the left mouse button u can use the right trigger button.

For the Xbox 360 controller, Microsoft introduced a new API for DirectX called XInput, which is used for Xbox 360 compatible periphials. This means that older games, that use DirectInput, may not work perfectly with the Xbox 360 controller. Specifically, rumble will be unavailable and the triggers will be considered different directions on the same axis, meaning that they won't be usable. Note that these issues will NOT occur in games designed with the Xbox 360 controller in mind, which most modern games are. P.S. Modern Warfare 2 Doesnt support controllers.

Using the 360 controller for PC games can be a big problem. After searching, I found a really great piece of software that will let you setup your 360 controller in detail, allowing you to play PC games the same way as you do on your xbox 360. I have already used it for some games, and I must say it's quite an impressive keyboard emulator for your gamepad. I could setup Oblivion to play exactly as it did on the xbox 360, including having my character run when the joystick was pushed further.

It was fun playing with xbox 360 controls on pc games.

Yes ofcourse.... this is a great piece of software. I have been using it for a while on XP and just recently downloaded the Vista compatible beta version.
    I play Oblivion with my wireless 360 controller and its pretty awesome. I am really happy that we can now play pc games xbox 360 pc controller by simply installing some software which we get anywhere for free of cost.. By using this software we can connect the controllers and enjoy playing the pc games...

First thing you have to do is to download the software from Microsoft which will allow you to use your wired Xbox 360 controller to play PC games.
    You can find it at: Microsoft Downloads.

You just have to fill in the relevant details, download the file and install it on your PC. Some versions of Windows will automatically detect the controller when you plug it in and prompt you to update your system with the relevant drivers. You can try this first if you don’t want to download the software separately.
    Once the software is installed you can plug your Xbox 360 controller into your USB port on your computer. To ensure it is working correctly select Game Controllers in the Control Panel in Windows. Not all games support the controller but you can check the game manual to see whether your game supports it or not. And after this you are ready to use your xbox 360 controls for playing your PC games....